Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Willow Gold paint, reducers and clear for sale.

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2021, 02:03 PM

Willow Gold paint, reducers and clear for sale.

I have solvent based willow gold, reducers, and clear for sale. The shop my car was in bought this for my car but the shop that ended up painting my car only used PPG paint.
The paint is supposed to be good quality, it is by General, the reducers and clear are Southern Polyurethanes

The whole lot cost me 3500. I am willing to sell for 1000. Or best offer.
Old January 24th, 2023, 01:05 PM

hello. still have the paint?
Old January 24th, 2023, 03:59 PM

Paint

Originally Posted by fourfortyduece
hello. still have the paint?
yes I do, all the" fixins" to go with it as well. It is not water borne paint, it is a solvent based paint. The shop that painted my car only painted with ppg water borne and they were not set up for anything but water borne.where are you located?
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by maddoctor
yes I do, all the" fixins" to go with it as well. It is not water borne paint, it is a solvent based paint. The shop that painted my car only painted with ppg water borne and they were not set up for anything but water borne.where are you located?
i am in west chester pa. going to have to do a little research to see if my guy, whoever i hire, will paint with this. not too familiar with paint materials. thanks
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:24 PM

No problem. The guy that was going to paint my car and bought this paint restores Porsche autos and this is all he uses, if this helps. Up here a lot of shops have switched over to water borne paint due to government regs. The shops that have been around before the laws changed can still use solvent based paint. Solvent based paints are, I am told, stronger and more forgiving when it comes to chipping.It may be possible I could deliver the paint as I may be going to pick up my exhaust from Gardener in N.Y state.

Last edited by maddoctor; January 24th, 2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:33 PM

No problem. The guy that was going to paint my car and bought this paint restores Porsche autos and this is all he uses, if this helps. Up here a lot of shops have switched over to water borne paint due to government regs. The shops that have been around before the laws changed can still use solvent based paint. Solvent based paints are, I am told, stronger and more forgiving when it comes to chipping.It may be possible I could deliver the paint as I may be going to pick up my exhaust from Gardener in N.Y state.
yeah after a bunch of reading it basically is used by a bunch of tree huggers turning this country into a band of pussies. now that my rant is over, what will you take for it and does the paint have a little metallic in it?
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:46 PM

If you go to major builds my blog is "1968 442 sport coupe restoration". I have pictures of the car with the colour.The two paints are identical except the chemical breakdown.​​​​​​​ As for price I really can't go down in price especially a delivered price. Honestly the price I paid is more than 3x what I am asking.
Old January 24th, 2023, 04:50 PM

hey i appreciate you offering the delivery too but i am trying to sell some of my ammo and type 1 photos yo get the money to paint the car.
Old January 29th, 2023, 11:53 AM

hello. i can do 800 for the paint if you want it gone provided its all i need to paint the whole car. thanks
Old January 29th, 2023, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by fourfortyduece
hello. i can do 800 for the paint if you want it gone provided its all i need to paint the whole car. thanks
It is everything needed, quantity wise and it is reducer, clear and paint. But I require 200 more. ​​​​​​​I will have to see when my exhaust is going to be ready. I will let you know this week when I can go.
Old January 29th, 2023, 01:35 PM

It is everything needed, quantity wise and it is reducer, clear and paint. But I require 200 more. I will have to see when my exhaust is going to be ready. I will let you know this week when I can go.
​​​​​​​ok
Old January 30th, 2023, 03:06 PM

I called Gardener exhaust today, the exhaust will be completed in late April early May. Not sure on your timeliness but that's the earliest I could bring the paint to you.
Old January 30th, 2023, 03:41 PM

I called Gardener exhaust today, the exhaust will be completed in late April early May. Not sure on your timeliness but that's the earliest I could bring the paint to you.
no rush on my end. may i ask why you are driving to get the exhaust? my number is 610 3082600 if texting is easier. i do not go on here much. thanks
Old February 6th, 2023, 01:48 PM

hello. if you do not mind, can you give me a list of all you have? you can text to my phone if you want. 6103082600. i want to show it to my painter. thanks
Old April 5th, 2023, 05:17 AM

Paint still for sale

Hi, the paint is still for sale, as the perspective buyer backed out.
Old April 5th, 2023, 05:33 AM

MadDoctor, I deleted your double thread. GLWS!👍
Old April 5th, 2023, 09:48 AM

Your car is beautiful. My '68 442 convertible is the same color yet it's been in a million pieces for almost 10 years. I've gotta get on it.
Great color, great car!