Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Please make this site user friendly

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2024, 12:56 PM

Please make this site user friendly

Hello, I have used this site several times and I am always having trouble moving around this site. I sent a personal message yesterday toa member and I don't know how to navigate thru this website to see if the recipient received my email. I can't find it anywhere. Also, while preforming that email, I tried sending photos. The paper clip for sending photos was shaded in light gray. I could not send photos. I love this site but please do something to make it easier.to navigate. Anthony
Old February 13th, 2024, 01:17 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by asaputo
Hello, I have used this site several times and I am always having trouble moving around this site. I sent a personal message yesterday toa member and I don't know how to navigate thru this website to see if the recipient received my email. I can't find it anywhere. Also, while preforming that email, I tried sending photos. The paper clip for sending photos was shaded in light gray. I could not send photos. I love this site but please do something to make it easier.to navigate. Anthony
For clarification: You stated you sent a Private Message (PM) to a member then attempted to navigate through the website to see if the recipient received your email.
(1) A PM is not an email. A PM is a Private Message. A PM resides w/in the context of this website. A PM is not an email. CO allows you to send an email on behalf of CO, but any email (message) is a completely different formatting & form of (header) navigation via the Internet.
(2) You cannot determine (directly) if a CO member received your PM &/or read your PM. You can view both any PM you sent (Sent Items) to a CO member &/or any PM you received (Inbox) from any CO member under Private Messages>Jump To Folder drop-down menu. You should be able to send a Photo to a CO member as long as the photo meets the criteria for images (i.e. .png, jpeg, jpg, etc). It may take a little more time to get accustomed to the navigation windows maybe?
Old February 13th, 2024, 03:29 PM

Thanks for going over the basics Norm. As mentioned, your picture could have been too big. I try to remember to open pics in MS Paint and resize them to 1280x720 before posting.

New members have restricted functionality on the site, but at 34 posts I think you should be good. Eric will surely respond.

I've been using Classic Olds for years and have had little difficulty navigating. The biggest gripe I have is that our site doesn't have the same emojis as the Ford Truck Enthusiast website I also frequent (also an IB site).
​​​​​​
Old February 13th, 2024, 03:37 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Olds64
The biggest gripe I have is that our site doesn't have the same emojis as the Ford Truck Enthusiast website I also frequent (also an IB site).
Agree. I use FTE, as well. There could exist several reasons for this, but CO lacks same configuration features as FTE.
Old February 13th, 2024, 04:13 PM

Thank you, Norm. I am not computer savvy. So this website is very difficult to navigate thru. I appreciate you getting back with me. If I am understanding you correctly, to send photos, I need to go to "folder" then to the Drop-Menu to send photos. I cannot send photos in a private message. I love Classic Olds forum but not the way the website is set up. Well, nothing I can do but roll with the punches. Am hope I am not the only one having difficulty. I'm feeling kind of stupid at this point. Thank you, Norm, for trying to make it simple for me. Anthony
Old February 13th, 2024, 04:40 PM
Running On Empty

If I am understanding you correctly, to send photos, I need to go to "folder" then to the Drop-Menu to send photos. I cannot send photos in a private message.
Anthony, not quite. No worries. I'll show you (below images) how to send a photo in a PM. You should be able to view the "Landscape" symbol when you are in the PM window. If you can't view the "Landscape" symbol let us know. You'll get this. If you receive an error message let us know. The "folder" I was referencing is located in the Drop-Down menu for finding PM messages you have Sent versus PM messages you received. I'll take a screen shot & post it for you so you can see. With that said, here's what a typical PM message window looks like to send a photo inside a PM. Again, let us know if you don't see the "Landscape" image. Are you working from a cell phone, laptop, tablet or PC. Sometimes the interface might be a little different depending on which device you're using.

This are the steps I'd follow to send you a picture. Which I will do shortly.

Old February 13th, 2024, 04:48 PM
Running On Empty

I sent you a PM with photo...
Old February 13th, 2024, 04:59 PM
Running On Empty

Hope this helps.....

Old February 13th, 2024, 05:08 PM
Running On Empty

Don't worry about how I captured this image (below), that's not what's important; but, I went to my Private Messages folder, clicked on Sent Items from the Jump to Folder drop-down menu, found the message I sent to you (below) and I just captured a picture of the image I sent to you in a PM. Good Luck, you got this!

Old February 13th, 2024, 05:11 PM

Hello Olds64. I was not able to send photos in a private message. The paper clip that you usually use to attach photos was a light shade of gray. I didn't get far enough to have to downsize the photo to be able to send them. thank you, Anthony
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Running On Empty

The paper clip that you usually use to attach photos was a light shade of gray. I didn't get far enough to have to downsize the photo to be able to send them. thank you, Anthony
Look for the "Landscape" icon. If found, click on the "Landscape" photo/image, from there go to the location where the photo/image is located, then click UPLOAD as you normally would.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; February 13th, 2024 at 05:17 PM. Reason: image>icon sp.
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:33 PM
Running On Empty

Anthony - You can send me a PM w/ a photo/image to test.

NOTE: I am only accepting photos/images of scantily clad females at this time.....
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Thanks for helping Norm, I’ve been recuperating from some dental work and been out of sorts.
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:39 PM
Running On Empty

Eric - NP. Ouch. Hang in there.
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:53 PM

OK Norm, I'll work on it. thank you.
Old February 13th, 2024, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
NOTE: I am only accepting photos/images of scantily clad females at this time.....
A failure to be specific could lead to big disappointments...what has been seen cannot be unseen...!
Old February 13th, 2024, 06:25 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by VI Cutty
A failure to be specific could lead to big disappointments...what has been seen cannot be unseen...!
Valid point!
Old February 14th, 2024, 05:38 AM
Past Administrator

Here you are Norm, uh, she is a female...