1966 Carb advice

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2021, 11:51 AM

Lightbulb 1966 Carb advice

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm a newbie here. I've looked over the forums, and I was unable to find the answer I was looking for. There was a post below that mentioned carbs for 330. I'm unsure if high compression 330 is different than just stock, also if the year car the 330 came from is different. I just purchased a 66 cutlass convertible. The car came complete, minus the carb. The guy took it off to rebuild it and can't remember what he did with it.

Here's the breakdown. From what I read the engine is a 330. I've searched OPG parts, and other retail options looking for a replacement. My frustration lies with the endless options, and

not knowing what actually goes on in the car. Understandably you can make anything fit, with adapters. I just want the least headaches, direct fit, and little to no modifications. I'm running a little blind on this as I don't have a core to go off of.

If possible direct links to the exact carb I need for this engine would be ideal. Also, not opposed to buying from someone here if it makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - remember newbie here. Thanks again.
Old February 1st, 2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by 66CutlassVert
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm a newbie here. I've looked over the forums, and I was unable to find the answer I was looking for. There was a post below that mentioned carbs for 330. I'm unsure if high compression 330 is different than just stock, also if the year car the 330 came from is different. I just purchased a 66 cutlass convertible. The car came complete, minus the carb. The guy took it off to rebuild it and can't remember what he did with it.

Here's the breakdown. From what I read the engine is a 330. I've searched OPG parts, and other retail options looking for a replacement. My frustration lies with the endless options, and

not knowing what actually goes on in the car. Understandably you can make anything fit, with adapters. I just want the least headaches, direct fit, and little to no modifications. I'm running a little blind on this as I don't have a core to go off of.

If possible direct links to the exact carb I need for this engine would be ideal. Also, not opposed to buying from someone here if it makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - remember newbie here. Thanks again.
I have an original 66 Q-Jet that came off a running 66 442. I know the 442 used a 400 engine but will fit and function fine. You might need to re jet or change the metering rods. If interested contact me @ pchopesq@aol.com
Old February 1st, 2021, 12:52 PM

Thank you for that offer! I've sent you an email.