carbs fits a 350 2brl?

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2008, 04:46 AM

carbs fits a 350 2brl?

Does a Holley 600 650 carb fits directly on the stock manifold of al 350 with 2brl engine?
I cracked my feulintakepart in my 2brl carb.
And tried to fix this with 2comp substance.

I have my olds delmont88 from 68' 69' running!!!!!! yes yes after a long time of wire problems. ( the previeus owner left me 4 inches of wire )

I'ts running fine on the hei for the first time in 10 years.
And a lot of work stil to do.

with kind of carb fits my olds 350 best. ( feulconomeny and performence)

D Appeldorn
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:00 AM
same but different

If you are running a 4 barrel intake, then yes the holly 600/650 will bolt on with an adapter. The factory 4 barrel quadrajet was a spread bore carb. You need the adapter for a square bore carb.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

If you are running a 2 barrel intake you have to use a 2 barrell carb.

Last edited by don71; March 22nd, 2008 at 05:11 AM. Reason: adapter
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by D Appeldorn
Does a Holley 600 650 carb fits directly on the stock manifold of al 350 with 2brl engine?
Not even close. First, it's a 2bbl vs a 4bbl. The intake requires four holes for the Holley vs. the two holes it currently has. Second, the bolt pattern is completely different.

Even with a 4bbl intake, the Holley uses what's known as a "square bore" design where all four barrels are about the same size. The factory intake is set up for a Quadrajet, which is a "spread bore" design where the secondary barrels are much larger than the primaries. Both the intake and bolt pattern are different. Adapters are available but they are disruptive to flow and will negate some of the benefits of a 4bbl carb. Get the correctly matching carb and intake.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:36 AM

My carb is a 7040156 (1400ND2) and the intakemanifold is a 398583 (D1)

By my reserche on te techpart it's a 2bll carb.
But what is the best option to replace the carb.

stick it with a 2bll or replace the intakemanifold by a edelbrock 7111 or 2711 and thake a 4bll version carb.

my question is: with is the best 2 replace the carb for exelent performence.

D
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
Past Administrator

Change the carburetor and the manifold all at one time. You won't get good performance with the 2bbl carburetor/manifold setup and the upgrade shouldn't cost that much. You may also simply keep the 2bbl manifold and replace the carb or have it rebuilt by a professional, you mentioned the fuel inlet was damaged, this might preclude repairing the original carb.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

http://www.gesslerheadporting.com/me...7!OpenDocument
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:17 PM

If your looking for any sort of performance, get yourself a 4 barrel. its the brain of your engine, one of the most important parts. if you dont want to do much tuning, go with a holley 750, it should bolt on and go. it also comes with a dvd showing you how to do a intake/carb swap, also oddly enough they get slightly better gas mileage, all 4 barrel carb's primarys are smaller than 2 barrels, because of the extra 2 barrels. Because of this they are also tuned very differently, and you should notice a slight increase in fuel economy around town, and especially on the freeway. If you have the money, get yourself a 4 barrel intake and carb. you can get an intake off ebay for cheap id recommend the performer rpm, thats what i got, and i still have plenty low end. the regular performer supposedly isnt much of an improvement over a regular 4 barrel intake, and the offenheiser doesnt clear an HEI.
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:57 AM

I was thinking about the edelbrock performer rpm #7111 and the thunderserie's carb 650 #1806, and as finisching tuts a #1221 filter with the olds 350 rocket sign that i stil surching for.

it's only a bommer that the orderpayments usses creditcards, that is not a common use here in the netherlands.

But that about that, now about my olds.
I bought it from a guy that purchased the olds about then years ago.
He driven't it about one year, than the automatic was worn an he let it rebild.
He turnet the car into peaces to restour it.
I bought it a year ago as a rebould project beside of my other projects (alway's want a american car especialy the 442 type's) saw one in a movie with the tricarb.
I didnt now how many work i had to do.
But after properly a year i mannege to start it again.
1.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
2.jpg

It's a lot of work to do, change te licht covers ( have only one original that stroke's the grill, buy me a new top, surch the electric top switches, rewire the lichts ( and reconect the temp hot) surch for 2 frontfenders, rewire te car inside and under the hood, reconect a bosch? windscreenwascher, and many many many more work to do.

So far i can recon it's a 69 olds delmont 88 with 68 grill? 350cid 2bll automatic
with te delta 88 on the dash and it was original green of collor.

However i din't pay to much of it, ( for netherlands standarts to buy a american car)

And it's a lot of fun to hear the v8 and rebould it.

So far my story
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Past Administrator

Looks like a good project, I know that getting a car running after a long time is a good feeling. You should go with the 4bbl carb and manifold. You'll love it. By the way, I owned a '69 Delta88 a while back, very fun car. I think they have nice lines.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Past Administrator

I forgot to post the picture, and I just notice you have been around here for almost a year. Sorry I missed you the first time you posted here. Anyway, here is my '69.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
left_front_profile.JPG (3.0 KB, 54 views)
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Hi Dan,

Can you sent me a bigger picture of your ex 69 delta?
Then ik can compare it to my 69' and seek for differences and have a rolmodel for my olds. i do not now if my car is original. (saw the grill parts on a 68' and i have 2 different covers for the lichts.)

I'am almost ready to repaint the car, almost all the wire's are reconected only the screenwasherpump reservoir, horn, and screenwascher, electr. roof dash unit and a few other wire's stil to do.

I wish i had a better wire schedule ( of the 69' in stead of the 65')
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Past Administrator

Derk,
Sure, I think I have a better one on the computer at home. I'll check for you. About the wiring diagram. I think I have one of those too. Now, If I can just remember to check.
Old March 26th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Past Administrator

Two things. The picture I have on the home computer is way too large to fit on this site and I can't figure out how to re-size it. I will try to e-mail it to you. I also have a nice wiring diagram of the 1969 Oldsmobile V8 Delmont, Delta, Custom and 98 (all the B bodies). I have it on a failry large photo that I taped to a corrogated paper backing. I think I can have it scanned and put in digital format and then send that to you as well. I think you had a specific question about wiring the windshield washer pump and something else on a different thread. I will at least go to that thread and try to give you the wire colors and where they should be terminated. This will at least get you going immidiately. Good luck.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:17 PM

Nice project. Anyone who wants to get a car back on the road, versus dumping it off at the junkyard is my friend. LOL i see a jeep in the back of your picture, send me a message tell me about it, thanks Good luck

Forgot to say, I recently put my 350 back in my 69 cutlass, its basically the same engine you have, and i put in a nice bump stick with an Edelbrock Performer RPM, (7111) With a Quadrajet ! Lol i recommend the RPM, because the HEI will clear it, and quadrajets are very nice carbs when tuned right. However i would love to find an imfamous 950 3 barrel...

Last edited by The_Jeremiah; March 26th, 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:04 AM

The jeep is my little brother his.
i do only the repair as a hobby, drive 4x4 with my suzuki 410 that's not on the picture.
And i dreamed about owning and repairing a american (musclecar).
They are rare here in the netherlands and the repaired and restorated one's are realy expensife.
this one a bought from a guy that did not see the trees to the woods anymore while repairing the car.
So i had a new project to manage. and it's a lot of fun to rebould it.

By the way do you know how many hp you have gained with the 4bll and intake?

Gr.

D
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:03 AM

ANYONE notice those rims?
I thought I just read something about them.
They're kinda rare, offered on full-size in the 70's for a year or 2.

They could be worth some cash to the right person.