Quad 4 question

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Old(s) Fart

Quad 4 question

Yeah, not technically a "small block", but anyway...

I am now the proud owner of my first Q4, which I acquired free with a 1990 Pontiac Grand Am attached. Unfortunately it's only a VIN D motor. I got this car from a friend's mom because I've had this fantasy of building a track roadster with the Q4 dolled up to look like a vintage Offy. See the August 2006 issue of Street Rodder for my inspiration. In the mean time, the car actually runs fine and I've already put plates on it and am driving it around. The CSM is on the way, but in the meantime I'm getting codes 26 (Quad Driver Module) and 62 (TCC). There is a known TCC problem with this car and the solenoid has been disconnected, but I've seen that there is a TSB out that addresses the simultaneous Code 26/62. Anyone have any insight into this problem and the TSB before I spend the money to replace the TCC solenoid. I don't really want to put a bunch of money into this car, but another functioning beater is never a bad thing.

As an aside, there's a sort of symmetry with my ownership of this car. About 20 years ago I bought a 1985 Calais Indy Pace Car replica with the Pontiac Iron Duke. Now I have a Pontiac N-body with an Olds motor.
Old June 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM

send this guy an e mail. his name is Jeff.

jlantonucci@comcast.net

i will have to look but i think i have his phone number if you don't get a response. it took him a week to get back to me. Jeff will be able to point you to someone that can help you if he can't. i don't think he does much of the work himself on these engines but does know all the little quarks of the Quad 4 engine. there are an amazing amount of performance parts out there for this engine. i seen one in a dragster that was incredible.
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Trying to remember member

Joe, I found a guy that had similar itch:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...html#post85815