Total "Mound"ello of bull****

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM

Total "Mound"ello of bull****

My engine builder wasn't sure about the ford or amc neoprene rear main seal options for olds and so we went with a tried and true Mondello rear main, just to play it safe.($3000 re-ring and I wasn't going to compromise at this point) I ordered the small block seal and 2 weeks later I got a $30 American motors 258 6cyl rear main. The same one was right here, 5 mins away from my home, in stock for $18. %$#@ !!!
I found this info on this site, but because of all the parrots on here, I couldn't just take it verbatim. Repackaging someone else's stuff and calling it your's for twice the price? Now I get it! The company should have passed away with Joe!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0676.jpg (32.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0675.jpg (24.2 KB, 43 views)
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM
MOTORHEAD

pm on it's way
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM

That's ridiculous. Fullstop.

There's a great guy on here that's rebuilding a 72 vert who has alot of knowhow about engine stuff, Joe (costpenn).

Drop him a line, maybe he can help you out.

-Tony
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM

I was thinking of buying the "mondello olds book" but i've got my reservations right now.

The Olds chassis service manual is AWESOME, also the assembly manual is awesome. Any other questions, the folks on here have built hundreds of engines, they'll be able to help you through it.
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:58 AM

I don't think that there's a word in English that would describe their practice's. A person would have to look into languages found overseas in order to define it clearly. I need to look a man in his eye's before I will take his advice. Kinda tough to do from up here in Timbuktu. Engine is almost done now anyway, so...
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:29 AM

12 extra dollars is the cost you paid to ensure you didn't make a mistake that the "parrots" would have told you that you were going to make.

Sometimes the parrots are correct, no?

I'd hate to see how pissed you'd be if you lost out 120 dollars.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:34 AM

It was the 2 week hold-up FF! Funny, did I offend a parrot? GOOF!

Last edited by Glennerd; April 5th, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM

69HO43 is the kinda clown I'm talking about on here. Did I call you a parrot? Nope, but you sure jumped up out of your seat with arm's raised, claiming the title. I'm sure that there is tons of good info on this site. I know there is. It seems that there is a high concentration of little uppity twirps on here as well, all too quick to offer up a solution for something that they have only read about. I have been in more fist fights in the last year than most men will "watch" in their whole lives and I get some yappy little bitc# talkin tough from behind his computer? My address is 17631 57th ave Surrey B.C. Canada. Anytime you wanna try that mouth out in person, just let me know. I will fix it up for you, free of charge.
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM

All your repro houses do the same. Look @ the Fusick front or rear brake hold down kit for $26.50. Go to your local parts house like Auto Zone and get the same kit for $8.00.

It is called capitalism or legal theft. Capitalism is great as long as you on the right end of it.
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Glennerd, this is a family oriented website.
I appreciate the fact that you blanked out your cuss words, but there shouldn't be any talk of "mouth fixing"

Please keep things calm for the kiddie's sake.

I understand your anger about the situation, but that business...... is in the business of staying in business. It happens to us everyday.
If we knew what every single thing cost the stores, we'd all be socking people left and right.

I don't even want to know how many CENTS the ol' lady's
80 DOLLAR pair of shoes she just brought home really cost.
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM

Wow, nice reply dude! I was thinking to myself yeah that stinks but what do you want them to do buy it for 18 bucks and charge 19 to you, they need to stay in business sonehow. Funny how so many people complain about Chinese made crap but want everything for nothing. I'm truly sorry it took two weeks to get, I completely understand the frustration especially with what a warm spring its been up North.

But I can't believe you or anyone else would throw out "how many fist fights" you have been in - good for you - grow up. Back to the real point most of what I have learned in life is what I have read, from pre-school through graduate school, no one can experience everything, much of my knowledge even on these cars is from reading and talking. I don't work on cars for a living and to most on this site it goes the same, matter of fact you are paying someone else to do the work as well.

So I clearly can see how some folks could have taken offense to you calling people on this site a parrot - yes, you included everyone, "but because of all the parrots on here." Even the most knowledgeable answer incorrectly sometimes. Lighten up Francis

Originally Posted by Glennerd
69HO43 is the kinda clown I'm talking about on here. Did I call you a parrot? Nope, but you sure jumped up out of your seat with arm's raised, claiming the title. I'm sure that there is tons of good info on this site. I know there is. It seems that there is a high concentration of little uppity twirps on here as well, all too quick to offer up a solution for something that they have only read about. I have been in more fist fights in the last year than most men will "watch" in their whole lives and I get some yappy little bitc# talkin tough from behind his computer? My address is 17631 57th ave Surrey B.C. Canada. Anytime you wanna try that mouth out in person, just let me know. I will fix it up for you, free of charge.

Last edited by stevengerard; April 5th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Dude relax jeex its only 12 bucks I spent more than that on beer last weekend . Jeeez. If I can count on how many times I over spent bought the wrong parts got ripped off by people I know. I would be able to right a book. I go to my local performance shop and pay extra proudly but the people ther know me and like to talk and that is service right there. I hope one day you own a buisness and can sell everything at cost and make no money and see how it goes. Not to mention you bought from a specialty shop which will charge more typically because specialty shops specify on just usully very few makes in this case just oldsmobile so they will charge more for that. Sometimes you gotta pay to play
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:18 AM
car guy

Skwak Skwak....Polly want a cracker
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM

Why dont you drive down there, return it and kick some *** in the process.

I mean, you fight all the time whats one more. Plus you could get your money back. Its a win win, tough guy.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM

I thought canadians where nice .
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
East coast canadians refer to themselves as "les habitants" we eat Poutine and drink beer.

My next door neighbor is named Jean "le-poutine" Renaud. I wish i was joking.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Gentlemen,

Let's not let this thread get into a cyber brawl-Thanks
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM

I use Mondello's site for info only. I bought a FelPro intake manifold gasket set from them once for $15 plus $13 for shipping, when I picked up the same thing from Summit for $15 (I was at the store anyway)

The only thing I buy from them is the upper windage tray. It's the only one I like
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM

i think someone just needs a hug and a pat on the back and tell them it's ok atleast he didnt spend thousands of dollars with mondello and get the shaft . FWIW i used the rope seal on my shortblock and it is yet to leak and it has been in the car 2 years and it does not leak a drop of oil.
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM

Kinda sounds like someone suffers from that rare Hawiian desease - lacanooky!!
Do they have that in Canada?
Amazing how the old primative "rope seals" seem to work the best!
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
East coast canadians refer to themselves as "les habitants" we eat Poutine and drink beer.
Poutine is Outrageous, I was introduced to it by my friend in Ottawa, you can definately feel your arteries clogging but it is soooooooooooo good!!!! and washed down with inappropriate quantities of KLB rasberry Wheat or Molsons, labatts etc etc truly makes an enjoyable afternoon ( or morning for that matter LOL)

as for the other "stuff" I am pretty sure everybody is entitled to a bad day once in awhile and I think folks tend to just type stuff that pops into their heads and posting without thinking how it makes them sound. I hope that is the case, we have all been ticked off at one time or another and often it isn't the amount it is the principle... not agreeing with the post, just figure we have been out of the caves/trees for awhile now and trying to figure why someone would make a post like that...however if this is a chronic condition there is always

Old April 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM

WTH is poutine - never heard of it???
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM

yeah i was wondering that too.
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:55 PM

Maybe we should open a Chicago Poutine Store - if it's that good!!
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM

i looked up poutine and it made my interals cringe. Do canandians have traditional mexican food . If not i may have to go up there and set up shop as an alternative healthier food lol.
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rickman48
- Fresh cut french fries
- cheese curds (white) on top, the fresher the better
- Poutine sauce (basically gravy) poured on top of the cheese

In Quebec, it's normally served in a round styrofoam container, at 100's of small mom+pop fast food outlets or out of trailers on the side of the road.

It's pretty special.
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM

My wife lived in Montreal for 5 years. She has a thing for Poutine. I didn't really get it till we went back there and I discovered the evil goodness that it is. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on big time here in the States, considering it's so delicious and unhealthy!!!
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rickman48
I pronounce it differently
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Think of cheese fries with a salty gravy. No way can it be remotely close to being healthy lol
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Only way I like cheese is on pizza - yuck!!
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM

Glennerd: do us a favor and leave this forum.
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM

im now hungry so im gonna go get some cheese fries with bacon and sour cream. along with an italian beef. how a thread goes from bashing mondello to food beats the hell outta me lol.
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM

After 30+ years in law enforcement I can say without doubt or reservation that the guys who let statements like

"I have been in more fist fights in the last year than most men will "watch" in their whole lives and I get some yappy little bitc# talkin tough from behind his computer?"

are usually the first set of butt cheeks and elbows seen making a rapid exit from face to face confrontation............just saying.

Last edited by Bayou Olds; April 5th, 2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: because my Mongo sized fingers were not made for a keyboard
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
Think of cheese fries with a salty gravy. No way can it be remotely close to being healthy lol
So it has to be good right???
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:12 PM
doc

Oh great....now I want some poutine
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:14 PM

i told my girlfriend the same thing. she said not till we go to bed . lol
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM
doc

i told my girlfriend the same thing. She said not till we go to bed . Lol
lol
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

WE ARE......by the way , what exactly is a parrot in relation to a car forum? if I read AND get my hands dirty and offer some suggestions based on that process, does that make me a parrot?

Signed , confused Canadian
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM

Sorry if I offended the OP, as I wasn't aware you had issues. I guess you haven't dealt with Mondello enough to know that only "losing" 12 bucks should make you feel lucky. Myself and others can attest to losing more, I'm afraid.

Calm down, have a cold one, and get your car done. After you fire it up, you'll forget all about the seal issue.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Lol I feel like my wife is going to get upset at me for saying "Poutine" but it has officially become the word of the week at the shop!

Quick Reply: Total "Mound"ello of bull****