Who rebuilds CCC quadrajets?

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2016, 01:56 PM

Who rebuilds CCC quadrajets?

My 83 Hurst could probably use a fresh carb and I was wondering who rebuilds the CCC quadrajets? Thanks - Bob
Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:26 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 88 Cutty Classic
My 83 Hurst could probably use a fresh carb and I was wondering who rebuilds the CCC quadrajets? Thanks - Bob
It's no more complex than rebuilding any other Qjet. The problem is that you MUST adjust it on the car by following the process in the CSM exactly. Even a rebuilt carb won't run right until it's dialed in on the car. For example, you need to adjust the idle mixture while watching the mixture control solenoid duty cycle.
Old June 2nd, 2016, 04:32 PM

If you need a great resource for rebuilding your Q-Jet I strongly recommend Deano at:

http://www.deanoscarbs.com/

Want to DIY get Doug Roes book.

X2 on Joe, after its gone through you need to get it dialed in on your ride. That said, Deano will ask you a bunch of questions about the engine trans etc and any mods to them. Great guy but be patient, this is racing season and hes gone a lot. I have 2 of his built from 800CFM cores that I had, they are great. I also have Doug Roes book and will learn how to change the primaries and secondaries, etc when I need to on certain engine mods.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 05:27 AM

They aren’t a big deal. I rebuilt mine on a Chevy Caprice when the TPS quit. When I disassembled the solenoid I counted the turns then reassembled with the same. I didn’t touch the idle screws. It ran fine when I reassembled everything. I did take it to someone who worked on those systems for finaladjustments but he told me he had to do very little to bring it to peak performance. The TPS you set at to particular voltage but I don’t remember the procedure.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 05:42 AM

Quadrajets are too easy! I think you would enjoy rebuilding it yourself if you are the least bit mechanically inclined.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:33 AM

i dont have time nor the desire to rebuild it myself at the moment. i'm house shopping and i need it done for the nationals. on top of that i'm trying to get my motor swap on my Monte SS finished. Between everything I got going on i'm at the point where i'd rather pay to have it done right than hope i do it right. Thank you all for the suggestions. Someone recommended Sparky's so i contacted him and am waiting on a response.