Tech Editor's Desk Projects, papers, writings, thoughts, musings of our technical editor Joe Padavano. To begin with, he will be making threads and can approve posts to it if he wishes. This can be changed in the future if it does not work out well.

69 Clutch safety switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2010, 02:27 PM

69 Clutch safety switch wiring

Hey guys and gals, Does anybody know the color and size of the correct wiring to the clutch safety switch on a '69 4-speed? Someone by-passed mine and cut the ends off the wires. The switch is still there and I would like to make it functional again. I have a reprint of the schematic, but it is VERY hard to read---not a good reprint. Thanks, Dave
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
Hey guys and gals, Does anybody know the color and size of the correct wiring to the clutch safety switch on a '69 4-speed? Someone by-passed mine and cut the ends off the wires. The switch is still there and I would like to make it functional again. I have a reprint of the schematic, but it is VERY hard to read---not a good reprint. Thanks, Dave
The clutch safety switch uses the same pair of heavy gauge purple wires that would normally have plugged into the neutral safety switch on an A/T car. You should be able to find the remains of these wires above the steering column. I'm guessing they are about 12 ga wire.
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:23 PM

Thanks Joe, Today I did find some purple wires spliced together. I did a little homework and found a harness available from Inline Tube---it appears to be two different color wires---purple and brown? purple and black? purple and gray? I will try to decipher it again with my reprinted manual.
Old May 6th, 2010, 06:48 AM

hey dave, sounds like your car is coming along. didnt know you had a 4 speed also. i must appologize your check got misplaced and i just deposited it a few days ago. you musta figured canada was slow processing it but it was just me. ha ha