Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

'55 S88 - Parts Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2023, 09:19 AM
Jen R - '55 Super 88

'55 S88 - Parts Suggestions

Hi All - I need to replace the shocks, spark plugs & battery. Would you lend me your expertise/suggestions on what to get. There are so many options out there, in this revival of my Olds, that I'm getting quite overwhelmed! Thank you
Old May 1st, 2023, 09:37 AM

Here's a start......
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...cid+v8,1435706
Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:20 AM

I've used the ones that Fusick stocks on the shocks, I think they are made by Garble and they have held up well. Is this going to be a points show car or just a nice driver, makes a difference on score if you are going top end concourse or points car what battery, tires, even floor mats you use. If it's a show and shine (preferred) car it doesn't matter. I run AC plugs and the battery isa Delco Remey, I think it is a 64 series, check on that it maybe a 62 series either one ill work, but one is expensive one is what the car came with the other is easy to find anywhere and only is important if you are chasing points for a show. I need to know what your plans are for your cat sometimes it matters, usually for a driver car not so much, glad to help if I can...Tedd
Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:45 AM
Jen R - '55 Super 88

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
I've used the ones that Fusick stocks on the shocks, I think they are made by Garble and they have held up well. Is this going to be a points show car or just a nice driver, makes a difference on score if you are going top end concourse or points car what battery, tires, even floor mats you use. If it's a show and shine (preferred) car it doesn't matter. I run AC plugs and the battery isa Delco Remey, I think it is a 64 series, check on that it maybe a 62 series either one ill work, but one is expensive one is what the car came with the other is easy to find anywhere and only is important if you are chasing points for a show. I need to know what your plans are for your cat sometimes it matters, usually for a driver car not so much, glad to help if I can...Tedd
Hi Tedd, my goal is it to be a nice driver. My dream was to fully restore, but that's just too much out of my scope of talent & funds. So, I just want to enjoy driving it (after 33 years of towing it around wherever I lived) and something that one of my grandkids will fall in love with so I can keep it in the family for another 68 years!
Old May 4th, 2023, 06:54 PM

Checkout the Oldsmobile page on https://www.vintagepartsource.com , there is a large list of Oldsmobile parts suppliers.
Old May 5th, 2023, 12:17 PM
Jen R - '55 Super 88

Originally Posted by vintagepne
Checkout the Oldsmobile page on https://www.vintagepartsource.com , there is a large list of Oldsmobile parts suppliers.
Thanks! I'll check all the sites out that they list.