Brake line ? disk conversion

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM

Brake line ? disk conversion

I'm trying to find motivation to finish up the conversion on my 68 442. I'm using a kit from CPP. Before I started swapping the new MC, I removed the old distribution block on the frame. I assumed that the new "combo" valve was going to replace it. Well, now I have a couple ruined brake lines that used to be in the distribution block, and have discovered that for the "basic" kit, you're supposed to leave it alone. So, I called CPP today about it. They said use the old block, or bypass it. They told me they don't sell a kit to bypass the block, so I will have to plumb it myself. (But they do have a complete kit with the proper lines , but won't sell me the lines to do it).

So, I got to thinking about my options. I don't have any skill, or tools for fabbing my own lines. I think the best plan is to run new lines from the MC mounted combo valve to each front brake, and back to the rear axle "T".

So after the long story, now the big questions. If I understand the system correctly, is this the way the 71-72 disk cars work? So if I buy the pre-bent lines for 71-72, would it solve my problem?
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM

Original pre bent lines won't work with the proportioning valve mounted on the master cylinder. I have the same setup. I called Inline Tube and they had the proper setup for my application. All the lines fit great! However, mine is a 72.