Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible For Sale

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2023, 07:52 AM

NEW PHOTOS added- 1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible For Sale

First $10,000 takes it. I've cleaned it up, I've tuned it up, and I've decided it's just too nice a car for me to use the way I wanted to use it. This car deserves to be someone's #1 or #2 car. I already have those.

White, white original top (goes up & down as it should) and the burgundy leather 3.4 package bucket seats. The interior is in stunning condition and is not faded. Even the strip where the defroster air comes out on the windshield is not warped and popping out, a real rarity for these cars.

It has 60,255 miles. I am in South Carolina. Steering wheel controls now work as I just installed a factory correct am-fm-cd player which was refurbished. The steering wheel itself is in good condition , but I made it even better by installing a Burgundy Wheelskins perforated steering wheel wrap/cover. This was the 8th steering wheel cover I've installed made by this company, and this one came out the best. Wheelskins really nailed it with the color, it's perfect for the car.

The 5 spoke wheels are freshly re-finished correctly done and equipped with NOS correct lug nut caps and NOS correct center caps, with a brand new set of Goodyear Weatherready 225-60r-16 tires.

I inspected the timing belt, it looks fine. Alternator is good. Burgundy parade boot in mint condition with bag is in trunk.

More info and photos soon. I plan to do a photo shoot this weekend. This was obviously an inside car as it has none of those foul smells where water has accumulated where it shouldn't. It was accidently out in the rain only once since I've had it, a bad thunderstorm while at the shop getting tuned up, and I noticed it did not leak anywhere. Granted this was a cloudburst, but I was impressed nevertheless.

The two back windows do not go down. The RH did for about the first 2 weeks I had the car, and the LH quit on me about a month ago. I have a set of NOS motors and NOS switches for those back windows that will come with the car if I cannot get to fixing the issue. The ash tray will not come out, I will assume it is the white plastic gear that is famous for breaking, same thing happened with my other 94.

The CARFAX is advising it was in an accident in 1999, passengers side door, but it must have been very minor, I can't tell anywhere on the car where this occurred. I'm not a paint man but it all looks intact.

Selling as is, I think this would be a super great driver for those of you who are familiar with these cars. It runs good, it looks good, it rides good, and with the improvements I made it's even better.

Last edited by BlueCalais79; September 7th, 2023 at 11:51 AM. Reason: More Photos
Old August 25th, 2023, 08:15 AM

I know it's a beautiful Oldsmobile. Can't wait to see the pics from the photo shoot. GLWS!
Old September 7th, 2023, 08:22 AM

More photos are and will be available as requested, thanks.
Old September 7th, 2023, 08:36 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

These are really fun cars. I bought my wife a 95 with 26,000 miles on it last November. It has the 3.4 liter engine and is very peppy. In 1995 they redesigned the dash and one quirk I found is the gas gauge registers backwards. Full is on the left side and empty is on the right. I don't know what genius came up with that. GLWS.
Old September 11th, 2023, 06:10 AM

Bump and a few more photos posted. If anyone has a request for a photo, let me know I now have over 100 of 'em

Old September 30th, 2023, 11:20 AM

Would you ship the car to WA State?
Old October 10th, 2023, 05:22 AM

Hello and sorry for the delay, we've been out of the country on vacation until yesterday.

Regarding shipping, it would be up to the buyer to secure shipping for the car, so shipping to Washington State would be do-able.
Also, the issue with the rear windows has now been fixed. The LH side goes up and down strong, and the RH goes down ok but sometimes needs assistance going up. All switches are ok.

Last edited by BlueCalais79; October 10th, 2023 at 06:36 AM.
Old November 1st, 2023, 03:52 AM

One last bump, if no additional interest I'll be putting this vert on Hemmings Auctions this weekend.

Thanks for looking
Old January 3rd, 2024, 06:09 AM

Bump. Spring is just around the corner, and Summer is coming!
Old February 10th, 2024, 05:03 AM

February Bump, still got it, as mentioned, Spring is almost here!
Old February 14th, 2024, 07:46 AM

I had a 94 Cutlass but it was the hardtop. Never left me stranded with 160k miles on the clock before it was taken away for cash for clunkers. It was still running when it was taken away. It was due for another camshaft timing belt and I didn't want to spend the $2,000 to replace it so I did the cash for clunkers and got $4,500 for the car.

My biggest issue was with the 3.4L DOHC. Not an easy engine to work on. The rubber camshaft timing belt needed to be replaced every 60k miles ($2k for parts and labor). If the belt fails and breaks, it's an interference engine, so the valves will collide with the pistons. The alternator is underneath the engine and one must remove the CV axle to access and remove the alternator. Plus the location being under the car and the heat put a toll on the alternator longevity. Went through 2 alternators.

The 3.1L engine was easier to work on and more reliable but of course, it didn't have the HP levels of the 3.4 DOHC.

Good luck with the sale!

Last edited by pettrix; February 14th, 2024 at 07:49 AM.
Old February 15th, 2024, 05:00 AM

Thanks, and I agree on the position of that Alternator. I bought my bright aqua metallic (code 43)1994 Cutlass Supreme Coupe new back in 1994 and the first time that alternator went, I thought I could do it myself so I bought one. My house in CT at the time had a grease pit so I crawled in there to start the job. I took one look at where that alternator was and crawled back out of the grease pit and made an appointment at a shop for that job. No way was I going to do that.

On the Timing Belt, I had one go up on me while driving a 1994 black CS convertible I owned almost 20 years ago. Not fun. Good thing I was going slow at the time.

Old March 7th, 2024, 05:11 AM

It's now time for the March Bump, hope this is ok by C/O.

3/08- I just scored an incredibly hard to find set of correct NOS rear floor mats which I will literally throw in. Since the price for them was very reasonable I had no problem buying them to replace the crummy cheap ones that are in there now. The front floor mats are Lloyds, I bought them to replace the crummy cheap floor mats that were in the car when I got it.

Last edited by BlueCalais79; March 8th, 2024 at 05:11 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 04:31 AM

The May Bump