The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Bicycle riding and Oldsmobiles is not a good mix for me...

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2020, 10:44 AM

Bicycle riding and Oldsmobiles is not a good mix for me...

Well I went for a bicycle ride with my daughter today on the Bruce Freeman Trail. We were on our way back home and came to a stop at the intersection of 224 and 27 in Westford, MA I observed a nice looking 1968 442 hardtop, black with a red stripe waiting for the light to change. My daughter and I got the crosswalk signal to cross and as I starting riding across the road and on to the bike path I turned toward the car and in a loud voice I said “Nice 68 442” and then boom, I hit a square yellow structure that split the bike bath in half and I moved that structure off its base and I fell off my bike. I didn’t break and bones or get any cuts, my bike seemed to survive without any issues too. I went to lift that structure back and boy was it heavy. I was feeling lucky that the only one that saw me do it was my daughter as there a grouping of shrubs blocking the cars from seeing it happen but I’m sure they heard it Overall we had a great couple of hours riding and I’m look forward to it again but I hope I don’t see any more Oldsmobiles when I do😆
Old October 4th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by tdhill01
Well I went for a bicycle ride with my daughter today on the Bruce Freeman Trail. We were on our way back home and came to a stop at the intersection of 224 and 27 in Westford, MA I observed a nice looking 1968 442 hardtop, black with a red stripe waiting for the light to change. My daughter and I got the crosswalk signal to cross and as I starting riding across the road and on to the bike path I turned toward the car and in a loud voice I said “Nice 68 442” and then boom, I hit a square yellow structure that split the bike bath in half and I moved that structure off its base and I fell off my bike. I didn’t break and bones or get any cuts, my bike seemed to survive without any issues too. I went to lift that structure back and boy was it heavy. I was feeling lucky that the only one that saw me do it was my daughter as there a grouping of shrubs blocking the cars from seeing it happen but I’m sure they heard it Overall we had a great couple of hours riding and I’m look forward to it again but I hope I don’t see any more Oldsmobiles when I do😆
Oh boy. Glad you're OK, but darn funny!
Old October 4th, 2020, 01:37 PM

Good thing you weren't in your Oldsmobile and commenting on a nice bike when you did that.
Old October 4th, 2020, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by texxas
Good thing you weren't in your Oldsmobile and commenting on a nice bike when you did that.

Oh, that would not be good if the roles were reversed.
Old October 4th, 2020, 02:41 PM

I'm guessing your daughter isn't gonna let you forget that.
Old October 4th, 2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
I'm guessing your daughter isn't gonna let you forget that.

Concerned at first and then when she saw that I was fine she began laughing at me.
Old October 4th, 2020, 08:49 PM

Yeah that’s what I mean. You’ll be hearing that laughter again. Like every time she sees a 442.
“Hey dad, remember that time you crashed your bike?”

Last edited by Fun71; October 4th, 2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old October 5th, 2020, 06:53 AM
Olds Fever

Glad you are okay... BUT, you will most definitely do it again should the occasion arise - OLDSMOBILES ARE JUST THAT IRRESISTIBLE...
Old October 6th, 2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by CRUZN 66
Glad you are okay... BUT, you will most definitely do it again should the occasion arise - OLDSMOBILES ARE JUST THAT IRRESISTIBLE...
Exactly! If you were texting then of course we'd have to chastise you... and laugh