The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

That's odd???

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2009, 05:28 AM

That's odd???

What are the odds of that? I mean, what did they expect to fine, hula hoops?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
guns.jpg (20.1 KB, 39 views)
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM

In their minds the statement makes sense, maybe they were looking for lolly pops and were suprised to find weapons
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Captain of my ship

They could have been D.E.A. agents
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:44 PM

When's that going to show in "headlines" w/ Jay Leno?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM

A crazy headline, but just to share some fear that may happen in our future.
I grew up hunting so I've got some guns as do most people in this part of the country. I have some buddies that are real gun nuts and into reloading. In the last couple months the local gun shops and sporting goods stores cannot keep reloading supplies on the shelf. The fear of coming changes in the laws have people stockpiling gun powder, primers and bullets like crazy. A little un-nerving, but if you ask them they're afraid its just a matter of time before the average citizen cannot buy this stuff anymore. John
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
Captain of my ship

Exclamation Gun Laws

Well I can relate to your fears about what your future gun restrictions may involve. Up here in Canada we have had gun laws in effect restricting the ability in getting hand guns for a long time. You could get them but there was a waiting period to make sure you were not a threat ( felon ) and you had to aquire a liscense to have it. They were registered and could be tracked , thus linked to crime. A few years ago the government decided that all firearms should be registered which included hunting rifles. This was met with a lot of resistance and there are still many guns not registered since this was a voluntary thing. The way they get you is that you have to have a firearm liscense to buy a hunting license and to purchase ammunition. There are no restrictions on buying ammunition as long as you have your license. Our current problem is the amount of handguns and assult rifles being smuggled across the border from the U.S. Mostly drug gangs who sell drugs in Toronto being supplied with guns from their U.S. suppliers. Now we are having more gang violence like drive by shootings in cities close to U.S. border. Gun laws need to be designed to get guns off the streets and away from criminals. I know that in some states it is way too easy to by a gun with no checks. Gun dealers are more concerned with making money and a lot of guns slip through the cracks. It should not be designed to punish responsible gun owners and hunters who are not the problem.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
its just a matter of time before the average citizen cannot buy this stuff anymore. John
We will just have to make our own weapons like back in the ol' days!
These piles of rocks and fireworks I have just may come in handy some day, not to mention all the yard chemicals I have...
Old March 2nd, 2009, 07:55 AM

HOW TO INSTALL A HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1. Go to a secondhand store and buy a pair of men's
used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy
of Guns & Ammo Magazine.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and
magazines.
4. Leave a note on your door that reads:
Bubba,
Big'un, Duke, Slim, & I went for more ammo and beer.
Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls, they
attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up
bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard
to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four
of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

This would be a great addition to my "This property protected by Smith & Wesson" window decals!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
GM Enthusiast

Jamesbo

I like that Jamesbo. Maybe we can also add a banjo on the list as well. Deliverance music would definitely scare off anyone!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Registered

I have lots of dogs and bowls now, the crazy old guy that lives here is a good deterrent too, "Get off my lawn!".

I can get an unregistered handgun today, in about an hour if I leave now, rifles grow on trees.
Selling old toys I deal with flea market vendors a lot and have a pretty good network. They buy guns at garage and house sales all the time, tons of rounds for them too. " Pssst... come here..look what I got for you in the car". I'm waiting for a full auto AK-47, missed the last one by a minute.
I don't even own a gun, I get in enough trouble on my own.
My air nailers are rapid-fire if you hold the safety. I can shoot a framing spike into a tree at fifty paces, rats are excellent for target practice too.
The tools are a little large unless you go with the compact finish nailer for stealth, no stopping power with them though.
You sure don't want to get "nailed" for carrying a concealed pneumatic fastening device.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
You sure don't want to get "nailed" for carrying a concealed pneumatic fastening device.
In the garage I am well protected. Next to the roll up door is the 150psi air hose, a 3/4" piece of steel conduit, and a pile of deburring rocks (the hershey kiss style)...
Pop in a rock, aim, and fire! Two rocks are great at closer distances.
Too bad the setup is not quite portable past 25'...

I learned this from a machine shop I worked at... One strange guy would always try to hit the UPS truck as it went by. One time he missed grossly and hit their own roll up door, which was very heavy gauge... That rock put a 3/8" dent in that door at about 50'...

Surely Texas could not outlaw air compressors, steel pipe, or rocks!
Or will they try?

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; March 3rd, 2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Captain of my ship

nailer

Tis true an air nailer can do a lot of damage but you are limited to your hose length. My Stevens savage 12 guage pump usually gets my message across. I do not see the need for a handgun for home protection. I would think that the 12 guage would be more accurate in hitting a moving target than any single shot handgun. My dad bought the gun before you had to put in the plug restricting shotguns to 3 shells and he never hunted with it afterward. Also because he had "native " status some of the regular hunting regulations did not apply or were contested by native groups. If someone is shooting at me from 100 feet with a 32 pistol I would prefer to respond with my 12 guage. I think he would give up the fight before me.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
I would prefer to respond with my 12 guage. I think he would give up the fight before me.
Me too!
Just the cocking sound should get a crook running!
If they do not run, they asked for it!
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM

If you don't own one you may want to considder getting one soon. Our beloved all knowing and oh so compassionate carring leaders have burried language in the omnibus bill? I don't remember where they are hiding what anymore. Any way they are reinstating the fairness doctrin with another name, and gun control laws, or the beginnings of. I'm thinking AK, or SKS myself, and maybe a 30 aught. Getting scarry how fast things are happening.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM

I ran into a church once and found religion