Sharing a photoshop of my car

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2007, 08:23 AM

Sharing a photoshop of my car

I just thought I'd share a quick photoshop I did of my car. I'm not sure if I'm going to paint the rims like that or not. I'm going to have some BFG Radials with white lettering out. Also there will be tint on the windows. If anyone views this on dial up they're gonna have to wait a minute or two, the gif is close to 1 mb. I'd sure like some input on it. Thanks!

cutlass.gif?t=1177514316
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Past Administrator

Nice! I would drive it! Maybe paint the wheels that gun-metal gray color or a silver instead of black. Good idea though! I couldn't tell, are you keeping the landau band or going to remove it?
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:55 AM

77 are a nice year. I bought my Son one once. Nice scenery!! Where at in N.Dakota? Ken
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Nice! I would drive it! Maybe paint the wheels that gun-metal gray color or a silver instead of black. Good idea though! I couldn't tell, are you keeping the landau band or going to remove it?
Yeah that would be an idea for the rims. Although I'm not sure what to do with them I'm pretty sure that I want to keep them.. they seem to go with the car. I want to hop it up a bit I definately don't want larger rims or anything new for that matter. Anyway that's the least of my worries for now! By the way what is a landau band? I did a google image and web search and didn't anything on it. I'm guessing the stainless band that goes above the roof? I'm not keeping that, it was only there to keep the "soft top" vinyl part of the roof on. I wish the car didn't come with the soft top, it's what started the rusting of the metal under it. The duct tape is to keep the water from going in the rust holes..

Originally Posted by Kennybill
77 are a nice year. I bought my Son one once. Nice scenery!! Where at in N.Dakota? Ken
I agree, the 77's are a nice year. That's nowhere in ND though, just plains here for the most part, with the exception of the badlands (a few hills but still no trees). That's actually a shot just out of Kaslo, British Columbia of the Kootenay Lake. When I moved away from Nelson, BC out to North Dakota again to go to college we stopped by Kaslo (my dad's storage place) to do some minor work to it before we headed out on the 1000+ mile trip out east.

Changed the oil, replaced the air filter, replaced a tire, and also reattached the rear bumper. The rust was so bad on the bumper where it mounts to the frame that it was barely hanging on. It was sitting in my back yard the whole time we lived at Nelson, and even now it's still in storage in our garage here at ND. Waiting to make some decent money this summer so I can finally get started on working on it. At least the knowledge on here is free.

Anyway it drove the whole trip no problems at all. It has such an amazing ride that the trip wasn't bad at all. It's also nice not to be bogging down to 40 or 45 mph going up mountain passes too, like the other vehicles I've driven through there have.
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Freedom Fighter

Cool project. I'm out of touch with the latest terms. Does this mod fall into the catagory of 'Rat Rod'?

I recognized the background (I'm just south in Spokane, Wa). Been there many times. I should take my girls out for a weekend trip up there and catch some photos of my car and catch a few Kamloops as well.

Thanks for the pics.

FRDMFTR
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Hmm... I'm not planning on anything quite that intense. Mild mods while trying to keep a fairly stock look for the most part.

Wasn't sure what you meant so I did a quick search for it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_rod

I'd love to see any pics you have of Kamloops/Kaslo/Spokane and your car too.
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Freedom Fighter

Pics of my car are located in the 'gallery' under FRDMFTR.

My next project is a 67 Cuda convertible, going 'retro-rod' style with it.

Enjoy,
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

Mine is not original for the year but I like it. Was originally all black:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars/cutlass/olds1.jpg
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

I should say paint color was not original. Rest is.