General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Searching For Original Owner!

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Registered Luser

Arrow Searching For Original Owner!

Hello anybody living in or from Connecticut! Mainly the Wallingford Area!
I've been trying to track down the original owner of my '65 Vista Cruiser! This much I know....original owner's name is Edythe T Vallier(I know she passed away almost 2 yrs ago at the age of 90). She worked at a place called International Silver Co....her husband's name was Lionel "Dubby" Vallier(I believe he passed a few years earlier in his 90's). They lived on Lee Ave...I found her obituary. Step daughter named Joyce Vallier(Meriden, Conn). Edythe lived in Wallingford her whole life. I would love to find more info on her car. She would have been 47 when she purchased this car. Probably explains it's low mi and excellent condition. I believe this car was purchased from the HURLBURT MOTOR CO on Orchard St in Wallingford, I base that info on a pen I found in the car....I believe the daughter Joyce would be around 70 yrs old. Thanks for any help! Erik
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
'65 Vista stuff(dealer).jpg (56.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg
'65 Vista stuff(dealer2).jpg (60.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by ent72olds; July 23rd, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Registered Luser

They also owned a condo in Lauderhill, FL(Park South Condos). Was sold in 2000!( The Valliers)
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:16 AM

That is awsome. Good luck finding more information.

I might have to do the same for my car someday. I know it was sold orginally in Oklahoma City to a Dr. Getty. I have his orignial address and such on paperwork that was in the car when I bought it. Plus, I have the original Protecto Plate.
Old July 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Olds64
That is awsome. Good luck finding more information.

I might have to do the same for my car someday. I know it was sold orginally in Oklahoma City to a Dr. Getty. I have his orignial address and such on paperwork that was in the car when I bought it. Plus, I have the original Protecto Plate.
I just started "googling" and finding info....and it all started with an old dealer pen, and the protecto-plate. You should try it. The reason I posted this info was in the hopes that someone might read this, and remember the owners or next of kin, or even the car...
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:52 PM

Wish I was the previous owner!
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by ent72olds
Step daughter named Joyce Vallier(Meriden, Conn). Edythe lived in Wallingford her whole life. I would love to find more info on her car. She would have been 47 when she purchased this car. Probably explains it's low mi and excellent condition. I believe this car was purchased from the HURLBURT MOTOR CO on Orchard St in Wallingford, I base that info on a pen I found in the car....I believe the daughter Joyce would be around 70 yrs old.
Have you tried tracking down the daughter? Check the phone book for that city or anything? With both the original owner and her husband dead, it's probably unlikely you'll find out much going in this direction. The daughter, even if still alive and findable, might not know much, if anything, about her parents' car purchased now almost 50 years ago.

What about the dealer? Have you checked to see if it or a descendant of it is still in business? Again, odds are against, but you never know. The problem is that, with Oldsmobile itself now gone, stand-alone Olds dealers sometimes folded. Others continued on with the other brands they were selling at the same time, and these might still be findable. But even if they are still around, the odds that they'll have any sales records from so long ago are nearly nil. But you never know.

Of course, even if you find the dealer and/or the daughter, both might not be able to tell you much other than, "yup, they bought the car." But your hope is that they still might have paperwork on the car, such as the original bill of sale or window sticker.

Last edited by jaunty75; July 25th, 2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Registered Luser

Haven't tried tracking down the daughter. I'm sure anything from the parents is long gone as it was left in an estate to someone other than the daughter(I found that out too! Apparently, the couple got divorced a few years before the husband died) Dealer is long gone with a Custom Chrome place occupying the old dealership! I was just shooting in the dark if anyone in that area might see this and remember the people or something. The car, I bought off a guy who owned a junkyard in Brooklyn. He saw it in line one morning on the back of a flatbed waiting to go to the shredder He ran out there, asked the driver if he had title, and when he did, bought the car to save it. The car had megaphones screwed to the roof, every square inch of it had bumper stickers on it that stated vote for somebody or other. He took all that stuff off, brought it home as a cruise night car, and his wife refused to ride in it. That's when I bought it. The only things I did were headliner, some intake and carb work, exhaust and wheels and tires. Hard to believe this car's life almost ended at 50,000 miles!
Old July 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Interesting story! Good work by that junkyard owner to save it from the scrap heap.