Correct hazard light knob

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2010, 07:09 AM

Correct hazard light ****

Hey,
Does anyone know the original hazard lights **** on a '69 Cutlass 'S'? Mine is black plastic with with white letters with a screw going through a center hole. What I've seen on Fusick should be either a small chrome one with "HAZARD" on the end or a larger one with "HAZARD" on both sides in black letters. Fusick says it could be either of those that there was no standard and it was just whatever was grabbed during assembly. OPG has just the larger one which they say was original for mine (at twice the price of Fusick). I'm changing out the rally wheel and the tilt & turn levers which have the black plastic ends. I think the rally wheel and black end levers are from a '70 or later, or so I've been told. What I've seen for the tilt/turn levers for the '69 are all chrome.
Thanks,
Rob
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:43 AM

Cool Switch

It is possible that the whole steering column was changed ...and yes chrome for the levers and the hazard ****...
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
It is possible that the whole steering column was changed ...and yes chrome for the levers and the hazard ****...
Yeah, i guess you never really know exactly what kinda facelift these old girls have gotten over the years. Sorta like all the hollywood starlets, you never know exactly what is original and what is aftermarket . Ok, so at least I know the chrome levers and **** are correct, so I'll proceed with that.
Thanks,
Rob