reclining front bench seat

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2005, 09:20 AM
<mikenkeely@aol.com>

Exclamation

I have 217.??? miles on my 91 olds cutlass. its a great car, well 2 years ago i had park it because of an embarassing issue. I went into labor and on the way to the hospital had the urge/need to stretch out and bent the bench seat right back into the backseat. (didnt know i was that strong!) I really want to fix it and have been searching everywhere for a new bench or even buckets to no avail. does anyone know a good jury rig?? i went in the back and tried to push it back (with my legs again [img]smile.gif[/img] . its just a rocking chair now. the bolts are still attached and tight, the frame of the bench is bent i think... i havent taken off the uphostry to look thank you for any and all ideas

Old April 5th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Have you checked your local salvage yards? There's a couple around here that are in some kind od statewide parts finding network. One other thought is take it to an upholstry shop, have them take off the padding, and have it welded back up.

Good luck!

C.J.
Old December 30th, 2005, 04:59 PM

You may be able to get the bent metal heated up, bent back into place and reinforced. Unfortunately, all the material may have to be stripped back or removed, depending on the location of the problem. This may be a cheaper option than trying to find another seat, or buckets tas replacements that will match your existing interior. Good luck!