The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

hey, new guy here

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM

hey, new guy here

looking forward to chatting with you guys on olds related stuff.

oh yeah, 1988 cutlass supreme 307, stock everything
Old March 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Welcome to the site 99 bike. How to you like that it rymes
Old March 19th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Past Administrator

Glad to have you with us.
Old March 19th, 2009, 04:26 AM

Welcome to the site. Post pics of your car when you can.
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:14 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard.

Tell us a little about yourself and your ride,
Old April 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM

it's good to be here. this '88 is my 3rd cutlass. my first was a '85 salon V8 T-Top that literally fell appart, i live in Canada so this happens regularly here to older cars that aren't throughly undercoated. i loved this car to death! it was the first car i had bought with my hard earned cash. besides loads of burnouts, the highlight was driving this heap from just outside toronto to graceland (after seeing 3000 miles to graceland), atlanta, virginia beach and back in 7 days.

got a newer car and after a bad experience (crappy expensive tranny rebuild) with the "new" car i went back to a better older '87 cutlass supreme 3.8L. worse on gas than the V8 but still a good car. got rid of that when i needed a big hauling truck. but i still missed the 2 door v8 olds.

i got lucky when a guy at work was getting rid of his '88 after doing a ton of work to it! picked her up cheap. there are a few things i would like to do to it like changing that useless rearend to a 3.55 or 3.73. i enjoy the wicked low hiway rpm's but trailing behind segways at the eighth mile mark is kinda embarassing! one of the door bottoms is needing attention and the car was painted quickly with a lacquer paint so body work and rear gears is my main concern right now.

oh yeah, the best part of this is that i don't have to drive her in the winter, i kept the truck beater so the cutlass is a summer only car!!

looking forward to chatting with you all.

alex.
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM
olds..older..oldest

Welcome to the site. As a fellow Canadian, ya gotta be careful with the comments about our cars regularly rusting away...South of the border they already think we live in igloos, and besides ,the same can be said of cars along the northeast seaboard!Just kidding...good to have you aboard and hope you get what you need to get back to enjoying the Olds life ...derek
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM

cool. we're moving back into the house now anyways, the igloo has almost melted away!
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM

When are you going to swap that 307 for a 455?
Old April 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Captain of my ship

Smile welcome

Welcome to the site 99bike , where did that name come from? You don't need to talk to me about rust. winters here are brutal with all the salt on the roads. My Olds is a recent pickup so I have been doing lots of work over the winter. Was a plan on just cleaning up the motor and engine bay but things have been getting out of hand. A lot of guys start accounts at photobucket.com or flickr.com to put their car pics , it's free too. Mine are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfman98/ Today I finished removing the front bumper and brackets , I figured I might as well do the whole front end. The car came from Saskatoon so the frame and floorpans are excellent , just light rust here and there but cleans up nicely. Everything I have taken off up to today has been cleaned up and painted , she also is getting fresh gaskets , seals , dist cap & roto , timing gear & chain kit. Filters and fluids and whatever else I need as I go along. Things did get a little out of hand but it will be worth it. this is the site to find out anything you need and you can get out of the newbie forum after 5 posts so just say hi back to guys 1 post at a time and your in like Flynn.