The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

So I post pics and try to chat in spite of the stones :)

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:15 AM

Smile So I post pics and try to chat in spite of the stones :)

A well-intended man asked me a question about my car and I would have responded but I do not live in this computer and I was doing something else. The thread was locked for some reason that I expect will not be explained. I guess it was for using words too close to what we might say in person if we were freinds. Apparently being in these types of forums is very tricky for guys like me that usually assosiate with others directly and in person. I like humor and more than one subject from time to time. Also, I like people who do not jump to ill conclusions the second some new word or phrase is used. If someone says something I do not understand or like I simply ask them to clarify. I do not spend any of my time looking for what is wrong with others. I would never like doing that unless there would be some constructive purpose accomplished. Obviously others love to search and discover anything about others that they can portray as bad, strange or less than themselves. Too much psychology mumbo-jumbo for here? I am amazed at how most of what I wrote was not understood at all by some who responded. The man I was not allowed to respond to asked about the A/C system and said I could not pull the wool over your eyes. What a bunch of Oscar Meyer bologna!!!!!The wording about the A/C system could not be more clear. Those words have definitions and the Engish language rules' ensure specific meaning!!!!!Can you imagine an adult Bobby Hill? That's me!!!!! It seems that way much of the time based on my natural thoughts and actions. I have often had to deal with the sort of charcters in The King Of The Hill in real life. In real life such people are not very funny at all. They are basically very good people who have been isolated from people who are different to them and restricted from a decent education. They cause all sorts of upset and trouble for others in the name of not knowing any better. That's entertaining to them!!!!! I may put up more info on the cars but it seems pointless for me. I will simply be accused of some sort of Hocu Pocus or being unfunny or different than "normal" folks here. All that I claim about my cars can be verified. I would be happy to show them in person to a possible buyer but I will be happier to never show them to anybody that gets twisted pleasures from putting others down. I can have alot of fun with these cars that place me above the common man and his little Cutlass. I am rich! I do not need your money or simple minded and hateful judgements against others. Remember Andy Kaufman telling the wrestling fans how he's from Hollywood not TTennesseee! Somehow, I think I know how he felt. He was joking but others were too mentally twisted to see or care. Many people seriously hated him for playing like a child! Even Jerry Lawlor was in on it from the beginning and the stupid fans had absolutely no clue. So, I do not need to sell my cars. If anybody is smart enough to appreciate them and rich enough to buy them than send me a line. Meanwhile, I'll be burning rubber on my front wheels as I pass the all the little people in their common cars like Cutlass', Regal's, Delta's, Satellite's, Valiants, Plymouth K cars, etc. You guys get to be kids again in your kiddy cars. I will be an adult in my car that was built for a real man!!!!!
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:18 AM

This is a family friendly site, with generally speaking respectful, adult members who are very good at moderating themselves. They also while occasionally exaggerating or jesting, tend to adhere to the truth as best as they understand it. This is why the membership here continues to grow at a rapid pace. No one here has put you down, they have questioned your credibility, and sincerity though. I would consider that in future posts. Your prior post is very near to what would be considered flaming on this site and is not tolerated. I would suggest that until people here "know" you, and vise verse, you know them, that you behave as if you were speaking on a phone to a stranger. You will find the community, and your visits here much more pleasant.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

This bunch of meaningless rambling has nothing to do with Oldsmobiles. Get a life.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:48 AM

I am a common man with a Olds 88 and have enjoyed making friends on this site while learning what I don't know and giving what I do know. I am neither rich nor poor just a car guy. I believe that most of the people on this site fit this discription thats why we buy, sell and sometimes give parts to each other. Several of the members have traveled to another members home to help out with a problem and make a new friend. Maybe you need to spend a little more time connecting with your inner child could possibly make you a better person. 63 years has taught me that you get what you give. Just my opinion.