Non-Olds Engines For discussion on non-Oldsmobile engines. All forum rules apply.

65 cutlass ls swap engine wiring.

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2023, 06:56 PM

65 cutlass ls swap engine wiring.

So I’m doing a 5.3 ls and a 4l80e swap in my 65 cutlass. Also running a Holley terminator x max stealth. So I just need to know the basic wires for the engine bay. I know I will be keeping the lighting harness. But for the engine I think I need a starter wire and a main hot. Not sure if I’m on the right path
Old April 15th, 2023, 07:17 PM
Administrator

The starter power on a 67 was fed from the horn relay stud and the purple wire went to the solenoid S terminal. There was also a red wire that ran from the horn relay stud through the bulkhead connector to a splice that fed the fuse box power, ignition switch, and battery powered accy's. Green and blue wires fed the temp and oil pressure gauges or idiot lights.
Old April 15th, 2023, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
The starter power on a 67 was fed from the horn relay stud and the purple wire went to the solenoid S terminal. There was also a red wire that ran from the horn relay stud through the bulkhead connector to a splice that fed the fuse box power, ignition switch, and battery powered accy's. Green and blue wires fed the temp and oil pressure gauges or idiot lights.
ok I haven’t looked at the light harness but looks like nothing needs to be done besides a stud or a new horn relay. On the engine harness I’ve only cut the oil temp and transmission switch wires. I will try to look at what else needs to be done. I’m a slow learner so thanks for the help. Oh and I know there’s something up with this white redand black resistor wire.will I need it.
Old April 15th, 2023, 08:44 PM

Ok this what I have so far. Mind you this is only the engine bulk head. Please correct anything I got wrong.

white red black.- ?

Yellow -windshield wash keep

brown-?

black- wipers keep

dark blue-wiper keep

dark blue white stripe-temp cut

orange- idle switch cut

yellow black-?

dark green- oil cut
Old April 15th, 2023, 10:16 PM
Administrator

This should help you out.