1968 Quadrjet Carb 7028253

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2014, 11:15 PM

Trim tag?The car has been long gone?But if you would not have just jumped in this forum with ALL your bull, you would know that.
Old March 7th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
Just think,when and if he sells the carb,he'll be a nobody just like the rest of us who don't have one.
He's not selling it. He's putting it out there to see how high the bidding will go.
But that doesn't really mean anything. We all know how that can work. A super high reserve and shill bidding means one could make it look however one wants. Hidden identities help the shill bidding. But you can still get some clues like zero feedback. A price only means something when money changes hands.
Old March 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by hurst68olds
In the 1968 "Assembly Manual" I have, in Section 6-0 Page 123 (also stamped with number "183") - it lists the 4bbl carburetor & usage numbers.
(7028250, 7028251, 7028252, 7028253, 7028254)
& the part numbers are noted:

REVISION "H" - 4/29/68 Part NO's Revised (the last revision on the page)

REVISION "E" - 10/4/67 Part NO Added (which is no longer on the print)

Changed "to" or "from" what - I don't know, but there was a change as far as the "Assembly Manual" was concerned in reference to the 4bbl carburetor part numbers. I am aware that "Manual" dates & actual "Production" dates varied.
Right! I would presume that the 254 W30 carb was also added at some point.

Of interest to note: I have said before that these engineering drawings were not always in the same timeline as production. If other words, even though a drawing change theoretically should be made before a production line change, the drawing change *could* have been made *after* a production change. And here is a good example. The last drawing revision H was made 4/29/68. And 4/29/68 was *after* they were already putting 7028255 carbs on W31s. And the 7028255 carb is not yet on the drawing.
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
He's not selling it. He's putting it out there to see how high the bidding will go.
But that doesn't really mean anything. We all know how that can work. A super high reserve and shill bidding means one could make it look however one wants. Hidden identities help the shill bidding. But you can still get some clues like zero feedback. A price only means something when money changes hands.
I suspect that's the deal and we'll never know how much it brings if he does indeed sell it. I for one don't really care if it sells or how much it brings. It's just another part to me. His attitude about the carb is what drives me.
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:59 PM

Well as Kurt mentioned a guy w zero feedback brought it over 700. So it's suspect to me in what it will get in close if auction.

True , it ultimately has come down to his attitude right from the beginning . I as well could care less particularly when my car came w a 68.

But have been genuinely interested in the thread from an educational point of view regarding history of 68 carbs
Old March 7th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Old School Olds

Fun thread!
Old March 7th, 2014, 01:48 PM

Interesting thread.... I've been following it and now my quest is to find one. Wish me luck...
Old March 7th, 2014, 02:48 PM

You want to talk about attitude?You guys sure can put it out.But cant seem to take it.And who really cares if they have 0 feed back.I have sold many items with 0 feed back!We all had to start from 0????Or did you guys start with more feed backs than the rest of us on ebay!Sounds like ALOT of crying about something you guys cant afford to buy.I am sorry if you have no money.But thats not my problem.Its yours,so DEAL WITH IT.And stop the whining.I told my friends if I bring this carb into play.You guys would act just like your acting.I hit the hammer on the nail head!!!!Thanks for being just like I said you would be about this carb.You guys have done a great job.Thanks.PS Kurt I do want to sell it.So if you want to know the REAL price.BID ON IT!!!!Like I said from the start,ITS NOT CHEAP.

Last edited by GM parts guy; March 7th, 2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by GM parts guy
You want to talk about attitude?You guys sure can put it out.But cant seem to take it.And who really cares if they have 0 feed back.I have sold many items with 0 feed back!We all had to start from 0????Or did you guys start with more feed backs than the rest of us on ebay!Sounds like ALOT of crying about something you guys cant afford to buy.I am sorry if you have no money.But thats not my problem.Its yours,so DEAL WITH IT.And stop the whining.I told my friends if I bring this carb into play.You guys would act just like your acting.I hit the hammer on the nail head!!!!Thanks for being just like I said you would be about this carb.You guys have done a great job.Thanks.PS Kurt I do want to sell it.So if you want to know the REAL price.BID ON IT!!!!Like I said from the start,ITS NOT CHEAP.

How old are you? I've never seen a grown man act like you do. You could have had a big audience with a different attitude about your carb. It could have been very educational and that's what this board and hobby is all about. You turned it into something it shouldn't have been,a POS. I know what kind of guy you are by telling you talked to Jerry Hallman years ago,Jerry said he never talked to you until recently. He don't lie,doesn't have to but you did trying to prop up your carb being the only one in existence. I really don't understand you,you act as if this carb is the be all end all and everybody is telling you it's not. Is it rare?yes it is but a 251 will do the same job a 253 will,so why would somebody take out a second mortgage to buy it? As far as not having the $$$$ to buy it,I GUARANTEE you I can buy it. Why don't you step back,take a deep breath and come back with a different attitude.
Old March 7th, 2014, 04:37 PM

Sounds like ALOT of crying about something you guys cant afford to buy.

The guys who boast about how much money they have, don't really have any.
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by wmachine

It hit a high of $1495,so if somebody is willing to pay that and it didn't sell,it never will. That's getting right up there with the prices on some W carbs.
Old March 8th, 2014, 06:11 AM
72 Olds CS

It will be interesting in ten years when it comes up for sale again.

I agree if it didn't sell for that price, ten years from now it wil go for less
Old March 8th, 2014, 09:56 PM

It hit a high of 1495, almost as much as a W carb?I think it will be less money in 10 years?WOW.I know I dont have all that fancy book learning like ALL you pros into Oldsmobiles!I was only born 6 weeks ago on the farm.But it seems the W carbs can and have been found?The 253 not so much.So if something that cant be found today for 1495. Is less money in 10 years?So the price will never go up.Well if thats the case.I will give 30.00 dollars each for the 66 442 air cleaners,ill take all 5.If anyone has a set of D heads 125.00 for the pair.And a W27 rear for 215.00.Because in 10 years they wont be worth anything.Thats really funny how hard to find items can be worth big money today and crap down the road.Do you guys even here yourself when you talk.RARE cars and parts never go down in price.The market gos up and down,but the market always seems to go back up.Sometimes it takes longer for the money to come back around on cars and parts but it will!I have a friend that picked up a 1969 pontiac Ram air IV 4 speed engine complete back in 2009 for 3000.00.When the market was soft,and the guy was hurting for money.This Feb at the B.O.P.C St.charles swap meet, he turned down 10.000?So the engine should really only be worth 1400.00 hes had it for 5 years and prices do go down right?Even the run of the mill carbs are selling for more today than just few years ago,the 251s for 75.00 cores now going for 200+.Why is it people with chevys,pontiac,buick,ford and mopars tell me that the rare parts are always worth more money down the road and only go up in price.But to come on this forum and hear you oldsmobile guys talk like rare olds parts are not even in the same ball park as the other muscle cars or parts is CRAZY!Its not my attitude you dont like,its the reality check you get back from me everytime you guys try and talk crap.For all you guys that have been reading these posts,go check out notlarrys post about a 253 carb.Thats where this little saga started,it will bring you guys up to speed on whats been going on.I came on this forum to show you guys the NEVER been seen ever,NO PICS ever,very little in the way of manuals for the 253 carb info.I came here to both learn and share info.I dont need to learn anything from you guys,I have learned enough about how to be jealous.And I am not going to share anything else.I see how that one worked out for me the first time!!!

Last edited by GM parts guy; March 9th, 2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old March 9th, 2014, 08:06 AM

And I am not going to share anything else.
Best thing you've said this whole thread.
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:54 AM
72 Olds CS

I'm just suggesting that in a hobby w dwindling interest and w interested members ranks being reduced (possibly on a daily basis) the likely hood of selling it for more in ten years is statistically less likely. I will concede that perhaps the dollar number could be more but the value of said dollars will be less!
Old April 17th, 2014, 12:47 AM

Its been off ebay for six weeks now,and I am still getting offers for the 253 carb![More than the 1495 price on ebay]!Has anybody found a 253 carb Yet?That was a joke.NO one has a original 253 carb but me !!!!Just checking to see whos still looking for the ghost.I am not.Its NOT TO BE FOUND, EVER!But should be alot of fakes,thanks to my REAL pics of the ghost.So ten years from now on the price of this carb is???Please put the drink/joint down and walk away SLOW from the carb talk.Its better this way,for everyone whos looking at this and ALL rare carbs for sale.The rare parts ALWAYS go up in $$$$$$$,ALWAYS.....

Last edited by GM parts guy; April 17th, 2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old April 17th, 2014, 01:26 AM

Bottom line is......is that 253 carb going to make someones car more valuable than a 251?????? NO!

Greg
Old April 17th, 2014, 02:22 AM

WRONG greg.If your car was one of the last 442 4 speed cars to get this rare carb.YOU have something nobody else has,or can find for the 68 442.Everybody has a 251,sounds like it might be you?
Old April 17th, 2014, 02:43 AM

So ten years from now on the price of this carb is???

The generations after ours will have less interest in muscle and collector cars, parts etc. If you cant sell it now for the price you want for it with cars and parts at all time highs, what makes you think you can sell it at a premium in 10 15 or 20 years?

These cars and parts are only worth what someone will pay for them. Put whatever number you want on your carb but I'm figuring it will devalue in the long run. In other words if no-one (generations after ours) is interested the price goes down.

Last edited by 4-Speed; April 17th, 2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old April 17th, 2014, 03:08 AM

Jefferson WI 4-25-26-27-2014 come and see the ghost,and stop talking crap,if you live in N.Il drive up and see the ghost.
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:06 AM

Im not talking crap Im talking FACT! I dont need to see it. I dont need it,wouldnt buy it and I DONT CARE! Like I said It wont make a 442 worth anymore than a 251 carb. You are the one that needs to stop talking crap.

Greg

Last edited by rcktdoc; April 17th, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:27 AM

WRONG greg.If your car was one of the last 442 4 speed cars to get this rare carb.YOU have something nobody else has,or can find for the 68 442.Everybody has a 251,sounds like it might be you?

Jefferson WI 4-25-26-27-2014 come and see the ghost,and stop talking crap,if you live in N.Il drive up and see the ghost.

You're harassing people and being nothing but a troll. If you have a carb for sale move this discussion to the Parts For Sale section and put a price on it. If not, beat it.
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by gm parts guy
wrong greg.if your car was one of the last 442 4 speed cars to get this rare carb.you have something nobody else has,or can find for the 68 442.everybody has a 251,sounds like it might be you?

no it is not regardless what it has or what it should have.
Its simple check historic auction sells, you will see 68's just dont get the money.
But facts as they are dont seem to register with you
Old April 17th, 2014, 02:42 PM

Don't feed the troll,his mommy,daddy & girlfriend will get upset if you do.
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:26 PM

true didn't think of that
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:14 AM

still crying

Wow boys and girls,I guess we still have not found a 253?Hey 66 3x2 GFY and YO MAMA 2, dean you can watch as always.You ladys never stop,its just gos on.
Old May 1st, 2014, 12:38 AM

It hit a high of 1495, almost as much as a W carb?I think it will be less money in 10 years?WOW.I know I dont have all that fancy book learning like ALL you pros into Oldsmobiles!I was only born 6 weeks ago on the farm.But it seems the W carbs can and have been found?The 253 not so much.So if something that cant be found today for 1495. Is less money in 10 years?So the price will never go up.Well if thats the case.I will give 30.00 dollars each for the 66 442 air cleaners,ill take all 5.If anyone has a set of D heads 125.00 for the pair.And a W27 rear for 215.00.Because in 10 years they wont be worth anything.Thats really funny how hard to find items can be worth big money today and crap down the road.Do you guys even here yourself when you talk.RARE cars and parts never go down in price.The market gos up and down,but the market always seems to go back up.Sometimes it takes longer for the money to come back around on cars and parts but it will!I have a friend that picked up a 1969 pontiac Ram air IV 4 speed engine complete back in 2009 for 3000.00.When the market was soft,and the guy was hurting for money.This Feb at the B.O.P.C St.charles swap meet, he turned down 10.000?So the engine should really only be worth 1400.00 hes had it for 5 years and prices do go down right?Even the run of the mill carbs are selling for more today than just few years ago,the 251s for 75.00 cores now going for 200+.Why is it people with chevys,pontiac,buick,ford and mopars tell me that the rare parts are always worth more money down the road and only go up in price.But to come on this forum and hear you oldsmobile guys talk like rare olds parts are not even in the same ball park as the other muscle cars or parts is CRAZY!Its not my attitude you dont like,its the reality check you get back from me everytime you guys try and talk crap.For all you guys that have been reading these posts,go check out notlarrys post about a 253 carb.Thats where this little saga started,it will bring you guys up to speed on whats been going on.I came on this forum to show you guys the NEVER been seen ever,NO PICS ever,very little in the way of manuals for the 253 carb info.I came here to both learn and share info.I dont need to learn anything from you guys,I have learned enough about how to be jealous.And I am not going to share anything else.I see how that one worked out for me the first time!!!
As long as they keep printing money without any backing qe 1,2,3, the price of everything will go up , hey in ten years 1 dollar today maybe cost 40 dollars.Thats all i got to say about that.Imo get while the gettin' is good.Bragging about some holy grail one of none on here is a waste of time.Nick
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:49 PM

Wow boys and girls,I guess we still have not found a 253?Hey 66 3x2 GFY and YO MAMA 2, dean you can watch as always.You ladys never stop,its just gos on.
yes I couldn't have said it better I will keep watching you make an idiot out of yourself
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dnmfranco
yes I couldn't have said it better I will keep watching you make an idiot out of yourself
He is one sick whacked out individual. I bet his @$$ isn't near as wide when it comes out from behind the keyboard.
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:49 PM

Okay, enough of the months worth of bickering on this 'one and only' 253 carb.
It seems clear the OP of this thread is not interested in it.

GM Parts guy - If this carb for sale, put it in the for sale section with a price and location. Please do not hijack someone elses thread with it. It can be 10,000 too if you want. Just keep in mind it will be there a while and a bump cannot be made more than once a week. If you want to post a fleabay link for it in your thread, you may do so, but the bump limit remains.

If it is too costly, then we all shall ignore it. Easy to do. Maybe someone might want it but who knows.

for sale.The rare parts ALWAYS go up in $$$$$$$,ALWAYS.....
Not always. There has to be a desperate demand for them. An example will be trim parts for Pintos. Rare as hens teeth but very reasonable if found, even NOS.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
He is one sick whacked out individual. I bet his @$$ isn't near as wide when it comes out from behind the keyboard.

yeah def too much time on his hands
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:28 PM

As Rob said, enough is enough.

John
Old May 26th, 2014, 10:24 PM

OK guys, I'm going to have the last word on this thread.

We've strayed way far from the original intent of Kurt's post. The bickering has gone on longer than it should. Yeah, one of us moderators should have stopped it before now. But if anyone creates a new post to continue the argument they will be treated as someone trolling for a fight. They will be given a short term suspension of posting privileges and if after that the behavior continues the moderators will evaluate the need for a long vacation from posting or a total ban.

So the thread is locked, lets leave it at that and stop the conflict.

John