Short Deck block Oldsmobile

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2022, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by wr1970
See talking smack to other guys. Ok copper I am out this one is yours.
Oh great, now I gotta listen to the peacock talking about him kissing 7k again for the 1000th’s time and his out of the box theories

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Old January 24th, 2022, 05:06 PM

When talked to him on old ROP last Q16 was what he said and was arguing with Miller.
what? Him and Miller are tight ,, I don’t believe it 😁
Old January 24th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Canadian olds I thought people from Canada where supposed to be nice. I was just thinking outside the box on why I felt a certain way about a thing. But it honors me my words mean that much to you. For that thank you very much sir.
Old January 24th, 2022, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by fleming442
Quick 16 is a money class, not a fuel.
You're so funny 🤣
VP made Q16 fuel

Last edited by wr1970; January 24th, 2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old January 24th, 2022, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by chadman
No, that was M5 they were arguing about.
Maybe I got it wrong lol. I do know Miller accused Paul of have nitro laced fuel. Then the shyt hit the fan.

Last edited by wr1970; January 24th, 2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old January 25th, 2022, 02:29 AM

M5 is allegedly 95% methanol and 5% nitromethane.
Old January 25th, 2022, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by CANADIANOLDS
what? Him and Miller are tight ,, I don’t believe it 😁
Oh yeah, like brothers! When you get Paul started on Miller it’s nothing short of hilarious.
Sorry, had to comment on that. Back to discussion at hand.
Old January 25th, 2022, 05:26 AM

That shjt was 15 years ago, anyway
Old January 25th, 2022, 06:04 AM

I'm gonna bring one thing up. You guys brought up there being issues with fuel which I think people amount to cheating. And people get hung up on what type of car or wether it was a rail or a door car. Let's face it if you are gonna go that fast at that point yeah it's gonna be far from stock. My 72 weighs in at 3285 with me in it and half a fuel cell 8 gal. People consider that unrealistic but that's part of what it takes to go fast. Well relatively. 11.60's with a 350 . My car is still mainly steel. Only the hood and deck lid are fiberglass. I just wanted to say that because I gets old on wether or not it's door car or rail. The fastest cars are top fuel dragsters and funny cars. Do people discredit then because they are not door cars ???? And for Canadian olds yes I spin my 350 to 7k. Had to remind him 😂
Old January 25th, 2022, 06:27 AM

well,,what do you think of my gas 350? i need your thoughts and opinions so i can improve my engine building skills
From what I can see here, at least you have some skills and can produce.
Old January 25th, 2022, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by VORTECPRO
From what I can see here, at least you have some skills and can produce.
Did you ever produce a olds engine as good as this example? If you say yes then maybe you should show the gallery. I will wait.
Old January 25th, 2022, 06:55 AM

Wow vortec that's a pretty bold statement coming from the guy who just comes on here to talk smack.
Old January 25th, 2022, 08:40 AM

Did you ever produce a olds engine as good as this example? If you say yes then maybe you should show the gallery. I will wait.

My last Olds build was a nice example of a 455 Olds build, not sure how it compares to the build your posting about.
Old January 25th, 2022, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Wow vortec that's a pretty bold statement coming from the guy who just comes on here to talk smack.

If thats the CN build it looks good to me, but your 350 Olds build looks good to me as well, but I think my NA 327 shop truck might run right with it............................
Old January 25th, 2022, 08:51 AM

Vortec pro. How long will it last. I know stock eliminator has come a long way in terms of rules and what not but don't they run those engines on the ragged edge loose and what not so they don't really last long ??? . Curious on that.
Old January 25th, 2022, 10:26 AM

Vortec pro. How long will it last. I know stock eliminator has come a long way in terms of rules and what not but don't they run those engines on the ragged edge loose and what not so they don't really last long ??? . Curious on that.
My shop truck has just under 30,000 miles now, drive it almost every day, use it to go to the dump, use it to go to the track and run 11s, and I think its worth mentioning its all production parts as is your Olds. My stock eliminators cars only get raced so I can't tell you how long they would last. Piston to cylinder wall clearance would be loser than a dailey driver but nothing crazy. The truck is getting a 355, it will be quite a bit quicker.
Old January 25th, 2022, 12:41 PM

Simple question. How many runs before you have to teardown to inspect and freshen up. Also how many runs . I got 150 runs on my 350 and maybe 2500 street miles and I'm gonna try one more season I'm just gonna change valve springs.
Old January 25th, 2022, 12:51 PM

Simple question. How many runs before you have to teardown to inspect and freshen up. Also how many runs . I got 150 runs on my 350 and maybe 2500 street miles and I'm gonna try one more season I'm just gonna change valve springs.
I would freshen a engine IF it were to slow down, that doesn't usually happen, the engine comes out when I want try or test something new. I dyno test engines before they go into the car and after they come out. I did have a 455 slow down after 3 years of flogging the car, it slowed a tenth, it was down on the dyno 14 HP, upon tear down the the ring lands had worn. The radial thickness of the rings were cut down.

Last edited by VORTECPRO; January 25th, 2022 at 12:58 PM.
Old January 25th, 2022, 01:46 PM

It's been 4 years since the engine went into my olds that's in there now. It's been good and the MPH is still the same as day 1. Last fall matched our best e/t in the fall after racing 10 points races. And next year I'm gonna do appx 14 races. 12 at home 2 elsewhere. If it survives and looks good when it comes apart it's getting a stroker set up.
Old January 26th, 2022, 06:33 AM

Canadian olds I thought people from Canada where supposed to be nice. I was just thinking outside the box on why I felt a certain way about a thing. But it honors me my words mean that much to you. For that thank you very much sir.
I haven’t seen any out of the box thinking you always talk about.

enlighten me

Last edited by CANADIANOLDS; January 26th, 2022 at 07:25 AM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 07:24 AM

I'm gonna bring one thing up. You guys brought up there being issues with fuel which I think people amount to cheating. And people get hung up on what type of car or wether it was a rail or a door car. Let's face it if you are gonna go that fast at that point yeah it's gonna be far from stock. My 72 weighs in at 3285 with me in it and half a fuel cell 8 gal. People consider that unrealistic but that's part of what it takes to go fast. Well relatively. 11.60's with a 350 . My car is still mainly steel. Only the hood and deck lid are fiberglass. I just wanted to say that because I gets old on wether or not it's door car or rail. The fastest cars are top fuel dragsters and funny cars. Do people discredit then because they are not door cars ???? And for Canadian olds yes I spin my 350 to 7k. Had to remind him 😂
from your numbers your making about 360 hp max

which is probably around 6200, at 7k it’s maybe making 320

it isn’t making enough to hurt itself, you could probably kiss more than 7k and it still stay together…your valve springs are still ok.

making good power at 7k is totally different than being on the backside of the hp curve and the rotating assembly going along for a ride because of valve springs .

Old January 26th, 2022, 07:43 AM

You gotta factor percentage loss since the numbers would be at the wheels. Not the fly wheel when using track numbers. And even then they will vary because I'm transferring the power fairly good. So it's win win . I either A. Have a killer set up that puts the power down good for having nothing sophisticated or I have a good engine combo. Either way you look at it. It's win win because I built the whole thing front to back

Last edited by coppercutlass; January 26th, 2022 at 07:47 AM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 08:03 AM

You gotta factor percentage loss since the numbers would be at the wheels. Not the fly wheel when using track numbers. And even then they will vary because I'm transferring the power fairly good. So it's win win . I either A. Have a killer set up that puts the power down good for having nothing sophisticated or I have a good engine combo. Either way you look at it. It's win win because I built the whole thing front to back
THEY ARE NOT AT THE WHEEL that is crankshaft HP observed in the conditions you run at. If you your engine was on a calibrated dyno it would be over 400 crankshaft HP, no question about that. Now the difference between the 360 and the over 400 HP on the dyno is the conditions you run at and the car its self. Again the dyno corrects @ 29.92 Barometer 60 degrees dry air. You can say my only reason for being here is too cause trouble, But also I've tried to educate you over the years, really you should pay attention, we've gone over this dyno thing before.

With the available power you have right now you could close the gap between showing 360 to 400 HP by changing your drive line setup, but you choose not to, I understand this is a bracket car.

Last edited by VORTECPRO; January 26th, 2022 at 08:06 AM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 08:11 AM

Idk 1.56 60 ft. With a 3.90 is pretty damn good for what it is. I don't need endless explanations. I figure it out as I go because experience is the best teacher. Same reason I usually work alone. I don't need a bunch of people telling me what to do or try. I just go for it. Either way car has done what it needed to do and beyond anyone's expectations so I'm fine with being wrong on all ends because I gotta be doing something right to be where I'm at. It's the internet you think I'm gonna take you serious ????
Old January 26th, 2022, 10:50 AM

Idk 1.56 60 ft. With a 3.90 is pretty damn good for what it is. I don't need endless explanations. I figure it out as I go because experience is the best teacher. Same reason I usually work alone. I don't need a bunch of people telling me what to do or try. I just go for it. Either way car has done what it needed to do and beyond anyone's expectations so I'm fine with being wrong on all ends because I gotta be doing something right to be where I'm at. It's the internet you think I'm gonna take you serious ????

Just trying to help you even though we don't like each other, I think you have potential. You do need explanations because your not getting it, understanding HP observed is very important to going faster. A lot of times I'm just trying to get you to look at whats out there. Example: yes a 1.56 looks good to you, but when theres cars 250 heavier with 440 HP small blocks going 1.38 60s I see it different. Its not that your wrong, maybe you can incorporate a few of these things into your operation. Either way your running good, but I think you have more potential.

Last edited by VORTECPRO; January 26th, 2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old January 26th, 2022, 11:05 AM

I never said I didn't like anybody. I've butted heads with mark over the years and we don't see eye to eye but I still respect him as someone who does what he does . When I go back through my current engine I plan on using his stroker crank and rods. Pistons if I need them. I will tell you f**k you to your face and then ask if you wanna have a beer. I don't hold grudges nor do I really care to.
Old January 26th, 2022, 12:03 PM

I never said I didn't like anybody. I've butted heads with mark over the years and we don't see eye to eye but I still respect him as someone who does what he does . When I go back through my current engine I plan on using his stroker crank and rods. Pistons if I need them. I will tell you f**k you to your face and then ask if you wanna have a beer. I don't hold grudges nor do I really care to.
I look forward to your results!
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:13 PM

what a clown you are..because someone blows your need for an aluminum block down the toilet, you say it’s negative?

what have you ever done to make you think you need a new aluminum small block that cant be done with the blocks available now?

let’s hear about your accomplishments in the Olds engine world..they must be quite something.

when you show us you broken either of the blocks available now, I’ll change my mind 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hey chicken choker I haven't seen anything you have done to set the Oldsmobile world on fire ! Please explain all your endeavors! I can answer that for you ! Zip so why don't you pull your bottom lip back over your head . Bullshit artist.😂
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:27 PM

We will now return to as the world spins according to canolds. Because that where all his post come from a out house can . You are so much like votec I still think you are twins. I still think a aluminum block could be a good thing. Small block or big block. If I had the cash which I don't I think I would go billet. Then have billet heads made also. While I am dreaming about this why not do both bbo/ sbo . Set these engines up with twin turbos. Okay when I hit the lottery some day. LOL
Old February 17th, 2022, 03:29 PM

We will now return to as the world spins according to canolds. Because that where all his post come from a out house can . You are so much like votec I still think you are twins. I still think a aluminum block could be a good thing. Small block or big block. If I had the cash which I don't I think I would go billet. Then have billet heads made also. While I am dreaming about this why not do both bbo/ sbo . Set these engines up with twin turbos. Okay when I hit the lottery some day. LOL
Oh here we go again,, blah blah blah…

let’s here about your dream block and billet heads bwahahahhaha

Old February 17th, 2022, 04:15 PM

You can have whatever you want; you just gonna pay. How much were those billet head joints Fillipides(sp) got? I think they were 7Gs ea. for the bare units. Was it Kellen in Australia?
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:09 PM

you said in the other post about you wanting guys to post up their engines builds.

still waiting for yours or where to find them
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:24 PM

you said in the other post about you wanting guys to post up their engines builds.

still waiting for yours or where to find them
Are you really that dumb??? Racing Engine build forum!! And you can view my junk in my album! Quit hiding behind that Canadianolds. I am using my real name for all to see. So put your name out there . Maybe blah blah blah is your name😉😉😉

Last edited by wr1970; February 17th, 2022 at 05:31 PM.
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by fleming442
You can have whatever you want; you just gonna pay. How much were those billet head joints Fillipides(sp) got? I think they were 7Gs ea. for the bare units. Was it Kellen in Australia?
Yeah I think it was Kellen. Cost ?? Got to hit lotto to get any of those dream parts. LOL
Old February 17th, 2022, 05:48 PM

Are you really that dumb??? Racing Engine build forum!! And you can view my junk in my album! Quit hiding behind that Canadianolds. I am using my real name for all to see. So put your name out there . Maybe blah blah blah is your name😉😉😉
send me the link to the racing engine build forum. Or link it here so we can all read about your amazing skills

tour real name is wr1970? That’s funny

Last edited by CANADIANOLDS; February 17th, 2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old February 17th, 2022, 06:01 PM

send me the link to the racing engine build forum. Or link it here so we can all read about your amazing skills
Nah I don't want to because it's a( sticky) set up by the mods . Everyone who comes to this forum can read about other guys engine builds if they post them in the engine build thread. It's not a secret like you hiding behind a screen name genius!!!!!

Last edited by wr1970; February 17th, 2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old February 17th, 2022, 06:11 PM

tour real name is wr1970? That’s funny
No that's my run numbers! I am Neeley and I have been here for years. I am not hiding anything.
Old February 17th, 2022, 07:01 PM

Nah I don't want to because it's a( sticky) set up by the mods . Everyone who comes to this forum can read about other guys engine builds if they post them in the engine build thread. It's not a secret like you hiding behind a screen name genius!!!!!
So it’s like a secret Easter egg hunt to find it?

Can I have a hint to get me started ? Hahahahaha

Old February 17th, 2022, 07:07 PM

So it’s like a secret Easter egg hunt to find it?

Can I have a hint to get me started ? Hahahahaha
You are really funny now😂😂😂😂
There is four sticky threads on this forum.
At the front of this forum Racing and high performance. I guess if you can't find it with this info and being a tech writer that you claim there is no hope for you .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited by wr1970; February 17th, 2022 at 07:13 PM.
Old February 17th, 2022, 07:47 PM

You are really funny now😂😂😂😂
There is four sticky threads on this forum.
At the front of this forum Racing and high performance. I guess if you can't find it with this info and being a tech writer that you claim there is no hope for you .😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I think I found it

Quick Reply: Short Deck block Oldsmobile