For those that used to frequent Realoldspower

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2023, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by CANADIANOLDS
have you figured out where your car would be using this formula?

where is your car on the kings of Olds power list?
What you can't read amazing!😂😂
Old October 19th, 2023, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by wr1970
What you can't read amazing!😂😂

yes, can’t read. So, where were you?
Old October 19th, 2023, 04:20 PM

Kinda depressing- I'm 126 and need to be mid 10s to crack the Top 100. Booooo
Old October 19th, 2023, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by fleming442
Kinda depressing- I'm 126 and need to be mid 10s to crack the Top 100. Booooo
that old list sucks the big one 🤣 other than the ET, there isn’t anything useful on it as far as comparing one car to another.
Lots of potato chips. It definitely doesn’t have anything to do with who’s making more power.

my formula gives a very good comparison between cars. you can accurately say the car above and below you are actually comparable overall.

on the old list, a car could knock another car down a spot because it reduced its weight…yet it didn’t make more power. this formula actually would move that lighter car down the list, not up.

a list like this would still show all the relevant numbers in a column like the old list, Weight, cubes ET& mph and body style.
Old October 19th, 2023, 06:29 PM

Talking

yes, can’t read. So, where were you?
You don't have a copy or you would know! That being said in 2009 I was 111 on the list of kings of olds power but the Et was 11.20 @ 120 in a 1/4 mile 468 Ci weight 3440 with me in the car. By the way I do have a copy.

Last edited by wr1970; October 19th, 2023 at 06:37 PM.
Old October 19th, 2023, 08:27 PM

You don't have a copy or you would know! That being said in 2009 I was 111 on the list of kings of olds power but the Et was 11.20 @ 120 in a 1/4 mile 468 Ci weight 3440 with me in the car. By the way I do have a copy.
so 14 years ago you were 111th, gotcha. 😁

your PF score would be 12.69

copy that 🤣🤣
Old October 19th, 2023, 08:35 PM

copy that 🤣🤣
Wait I can't read!!🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by wr1970; October 19th, 2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old October 20th, 2023, 08:07 AM

copy that 🤣🤣
Gee I had someone else check both list and it's strange you weren't on either one! Guess you scored a zero! Copy that😂😂😂
Old October 20th, 2023, 12:02 PM

Gee I had someone else check both list and it's strange you weren't on either one! Guess you scored a zero! Copy that😂😂😂
well, you better dig a little deeper skippy. The pic of the 87 442 I posted above was on the list at one time. That pic is from Olds Dick Miller Olds meet at Norwalk which was when it was on the list.

I also posted an in car video on ROP back then of it running the numbers.

keep digging.

the PF score for that car is way less than yours..I won’t post it, out of respect for not embarrassing you. 🤣🤣

Last edited by CANADIANOLDS; October 20th, 2023 at 12:05 PM.
Old October 20th, 2023, 01:52 PM

well, you better dig a little deeper skippy. The pic of the 87 442 I posted above was on the list at one time. That pic is from Olds Dick Miller Olds meet at Norwalk which was when it was on the list.

I also posted an in car video on ROP back then of it running the numbers.

keep digging.

the PF score for that car is way less than yours..I won’t post it, out of respect for not embarrassing you. 🤣🤣
Sorry I didn't know and I thought I missed it! I am not embarrassed. Why all the Jabs ? Maybe you were on a list after 2009 there was several updates. Have a good day.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 03:53 PM

Sorry I didn't know and I thought I missed it! I am not embarrassed. Why all the Jabs ? Maybe you were on a list after 2009 there was several updates. Have a good day.
it was on the list way before 2009, not after…. which I don’t really care about anyway…probably on the original list …anyone talking about the 2009 list is sleeping.

back then only active cars were on the list..when it was updated, non active cars were removed. my car wasn’t running the 403 after that, so it got removed.

what’s funny is cars still on that list haven’t run in many years .
Old October 24th, 2023, 04:46 PM

Miller is on Facebook going by Andy Mark. Lately he's been posting videos ripping on BTR builds, but Bill says the parts that Miller complains about Bill doesnt use in any of his engines.

So its just the same old Miller trying to sucker newbies into buying parts from him.

There was a July 4th tribute to Miller on the ROP Facebook page this year.
Old October 24th, 2023, 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=70W-32;1531197}There was a July 4th tribute to Miller on the ROP Facebook page this year.[/QUOTE]

Would that be the infamous "Happy 4 th of Jew Lie" tribute?
Old October 24th, 2023, 06:37 PM

and with all the fighting and hatred, we still all got together at Norwalk every year for the best Olds race , car show and swap meet ever.

then the Karen’s came along and said “hey, you can’t say that or do that because it hurts feelings” Shoot, this place used to gossip all the time about how mean and nasty ROP was,, it actually scared guys on here

no fun allowed , online or in person.
A lot of people changed their handles during the crashes because they wanted to hide shameful past posts. I changed mine since no one could pronounce Kliegl, and I had stopped doing the hobby (theater and concert lighting) that had given rise to the handle. I think my favorite threads were the "Chris Witt Is Gonna Fight Kryta of Inline Tube!!!" and a certain someone going after the Christians in the group as hypocrites until we figured out he was a Jew. Good times.
Old October 24th, 2023, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
Of course, and Paul was there to lead it
Old October 25th, 2023, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
oh man….can say that these days 😁
Old October 25th, 2023, 01:51 PM

Man, this is really making me miss ROP.
Old October 25th, 2023, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by olds_freak
Man, this is really making me miss ROP.
Locked in 3, 2, 1
Old October 25th, 2023, 07:57 PM

Locked in 3, 2, 1
LOL

I think we will be okay Any does not have phone privileges on Classic Oldsmobile

Old October 25th, 2023, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bernhard
LOL

I think we will be okay Any does not have phone privileges on Classic Oldsmobile
LOL.. love this.
Old October 26th, 2023, 01:09 AM

Have y'all seen Andy talking trash on YouTube? This is going to get good. He has a whole series going on "fixing this 496 from a prominent Olds builder"... It might be the same one with the head and carb issues. Look up Olds Performance and Machine on YouTube.
Old October 26th, 2023, 06:49 PM

Old October 26th, 2023, 06:54 PM

BTR Response to Andy's Video
Post from facebook
Beware Of Internet Media Experts
So, Ive been very busy racing over the past month and most everyone knows what I do and what I have accomplished. If you don't know, its not too hard to find by simply typing my name in Google. As many of you know, there is this laughing stock of the performance industry, well known as Andy Miller This guy is such a lunatic he belongs in a straight jacket. He is currently making videos of an engine that I did for a customer. This engine is covered in this forum with photos and dyno sheets like most of the Olds builds. There is so much to say on here, but don't have that kind of time to list everything in detail. I feel bad for this customer as he is going to need to get a bushing in his *** just to bring it back to size when this guy gets done with him. Unfortunately, he made a mistake. There are many outright LIES in these videos in which there are too many to list. One example is him showing the bearings in the engine that are ACL and have a tang removed. Those are NOT the bearings in that engine. Never used ACL in my life, and never removed a tang. So, everyone needs to be aware of a scammer like this. The short of it is that I believe the customer installed his distributor after having an issue with a Pertronix points conversion, without setting the timing and it was severely retarded which stuck a guide. When I asked what he set the timing at when he had the issue, his reply was" that box is supposed to take care of all that". He did not understand that the timing need to be re set apparently, and so be it. He was mad so he took it to the "Olds expert". If anyone has any questions on any of this that I can answer, please post and I will answer here. I'm sure that people have some stories about this lunatic and those are welcome here also. Please share to other Oldsmobile forums so everyone gets the message. I have nothing to be embarrassed about in the engine.
Old October 26th, 2023, 07:04 PM

Post by Paul on facebook
So the *** clown has another video out on how the cam thrust bearing is all wrong. The block in this video belongs to Pino Tortorici which he pulled this job from Millers shop. This is Millers idea of quality machine work. Not to worry, I fixed it. This *** clown is all smoke and mirrors and boy do i feel sorry for anybody that has this delusional fake do any work for them.

0:18 / 0:18
Facebook Post
Facebook Post

Facebook Post

·
Facebook Post
Old October 27th, 2023, 12:14 PM

To see the drama, I see an "Andy Mark" but no "Andy Miller". Did the guy change his name?
Old October 27th, 2023, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by brownbomber77
To see the drama, I see an "Andy Mark" but no "Andy Miller". Did the guy change his name?
Most criminals change their name. Yes that's Andy Miller
Old October 27th, 2023, 05:48 PM

"For those that used to frequent ROP" - who remembers ORO ????
Old October 27th, 2023, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by 68post
"For those that used to frequent ROP" - who remembers ORO ????
I remember it but not much.
Old October 28th, 2023, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by 66-3x2 442
most criminals change their name. Yes that's andy miller

LOL

Look who has an account.
Andy goes by Olds Performace Machine on Classic Oldsmobile.
Maybe be he will chime in.
I could then ask Bill and Paul to chime in as well.

Last edited by Bernhard; October 28th, 2023 at 03:56 PM.
Old November 14th, 2023, 05:38 PM

That is my engine and nobody elses, that is unfortunately featured in the Oldsmobile 496 engine videos on youtube and facebook. Andy made every attempt possible for myself to get it worked out with Bill at BTR. He even went beyond and called Bill and left a message on his machine asking Bill to work it out with me. Bill called me thereafter Andy left a voice mail message. Bill wanted me to bring the engine to his shop, and that he would change the head gaskets to lower the compression, change the radical solid roller race cam and fix the stuck valve, and that he would "quickly kncok it out". To quickly "knock it out" was the reason as to why I am in this mess to begin with. My engine never ran hot or over heated. This engine had a valve train noise and it was noticeable from the beginning. I even brought it to Bills attention at the time. I was told not to worry about it. My concerns continued and I was told to drive it to a race that Bill would be at. The guy didn't even take a valve cover off to look, when I was there at the race track with him.That valve train noise was a stuck or smashed valve and it beat up the rocker arm and pushrod in the engine. I am very dissapointed that a high lift mechanical roller race cam was installed in my restroration convertable 442 engine. The damage was done right on the dyno and then it was given to me that way. I paid a lot of money for this 496 engine. I was told by Bill that he doesn't have anyone in the shop other then himslef. If this is true, then my engine clearly shows that maybe being on the road, traveing around the country chasing points races might have left unlimited time to spend at the shop. I gather that he had no choice for him and others to cover and deny that it is his engine build. David L.
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:21 PM

Post from facebook
So, Ive been very busy racing over the past month and most everyone knows what I do and what I have accomplished. If you don't know, its not too hard to find by simply typing my name in Google. As many of you know, there is this laughing stock of the performance industry, well known as Andy Miller This guy is such a lunatic he belongs in a straight jacket. He is currently making videos of an engine that I did for a customer. This engine is covered in this forum with photos and dyno sheets like most of the Olds builds. There is so much to say on here, but don't have that kind of time to list everything in detail. I feel bad for this customer as he is going to need to get a bushing in his *** just to bring it back to size when this guy gets done with him. Unfortunately, he made a mistake. There are many outright LIES in these videos in which there are too many to list. One example is him showing the bearings in the engine that are ACL and have a tang removed. Those are NOT the bearings in that engine. Never used ACL in my life, and never removed a tang. So, everyone needs to be aware of a scammer like this. The short of it is that I believe the customer installed his distributor after having an issue with a Pertronix points conversion, without setting the timing and it was severely retarded which stuck a guide. When I asked what he set the timing at when he had the issue, his reply was" that box is supposed to take care of all that". He did not understand that the timing need to be re set apparently, and so be it. He was mad so he took it to the "Olds expert". If anyone has any questions on any of this that I can answer, please post and I will answer here. I'm sure that people have some stories about this lunatic and those are welcome here also. Please share to other Oldsmobile forums so everyone gets the message. I have nothing to be embarrassed about in the engine.
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:28 PM

That is my engine and nobody elses, that is unfortunately featured in the Oldsmobile 496 engine videos on youtube and facebook. Andy made every attempt possible for myself to get it worked out with Bill at BTR. He even went beyond and called Bill and left a message on his machine asking Bill to work it out with me. Bill called me thereafter Andy left a voice mail message. Bill wanted me to bring the engine to his shop, and that he would change the head gaskets to lower the compression, change the radical solid roller race cam and fix the stuck valve, and that he would "quickly knock it out". To quickly "knock it out" was the reason as to why I am in this mess to begin with. My engine never ran hot or over heated. This engine had a valve train noise and it was noticeable from the beginning. I even brought it to Bills attention at the time. I was told not to worry about it. My concerns continued and I was told to drive it to a race that Bill would be at. The guy didn't even take a valve cover off to look, when I was there at the race track with him.That valve train noise was a stuck or smashed valve and it beat up the rocker arm and pushrod in the engine. I am very dissapointed that a high lift mechanical roller race cam was installed in my restroration convertable 442 engine. The damage was done right on the dyno and then it was given to me that way. I paid a lot of money for this 496 engine. I was told by Bill that he doesn't have anyone in the shop other then himslef. If this is true, then my engine clearly shows that maybe being on the road, traveing around the country chasing points races might have left unlimited time to spend at the shop. I gather that he had no choice for him and others to cover and deny that it is his engine build. David L.

Last edited by Olds Performance Machine; November 14th, 2023 at 06:34 PM.
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:30 PM

Post from facebook
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:33 PM

Sour grapes.
What did the customer ask Bill to build for him.
Now he wants a restoration motor for his restored W30

Are we to believe Bill held a gun to this guys head, forced him to build a custom 496 with a solid roller cam, and jacked his wallet to pay for it. Just so the buyer can refuse to return it to the builder( who has said he'd fix it), cause Bill doesnt employ 15 shop monkeys to rush to this guys aid.

And what about the bogus parts you claim came from this motors rotating assembly, when the customer states it was a valvetrain issue./
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:44 PM

Old November 14th, 2023, 06:46 PM

Old November 14th, 2023, 06:50 PM

Post from facebook
Old November 14th, 2023, 06:57 PM

Old November 14th, 2023, 07:05 PM

That is my engine and nobody elses, that is unfortunately featured in the Oldsmobile 496 engine videos on youtube and facebook. Andy made every attempt possible for myself to get it worked out with Bill at BTR. He even went beyond and called Bill and left a message on his machine asking Bill to work it out with me. Bill called me thereafter Andy left a voice mail message. Bill wanted me to bring the engine to his shop, and that he would change the head gaskets to lower the compression, change the radical solid roller race cam and fix the stuck valve, and that he would "quickly knock it out". To quickly "knock it out" was the reason as to why I am in this mess to begin with. My engine never ran hot or over heated. This engine had a valve train noise and it was noticeable from the beginning. I even brought it to Bills attention at the time. I was told not to worry about it. My concerns continued and I was told to drive it to a race that Bill would be at. The guy didn't even take a valve cover off to look, when I was there at the race track with him.That valve train noise was a stuck or smashed valve and it beat up the rocker arm and pushrod in the engine. I am very dissapointed that a high lift mechanical roller race cam was installed in my restroration convertable 442 engine. The damage was done right on the dyno and then it was given to me that way. I paid a lot of money for this 496 engine. I was told by Bill that he doesn't have anyone in the shop other then himslef. If this is true, then my engine clearly shows that maybe being on the road, traveing around the country chasing points races might have left unlimited time to spend at the shop. I gather that he had no choice for him and others to cover and deny that it is his engine build. David L.
Old November 14th, 2023, 07:13 PM

This is a response left on Tester Motorsports by Andy Mark

Facebook Post
doesn't recommend
Facebook Post

Facebook Post
·

Failure for years at building his own Oldsmobile engine. He couldn't put a lawn mower engine together without failure. when he shamefully failed at numerous tries with his own Olds, he then quit and was a constant failure with his own Chevrolet engine as well. He couldn't put a spark plug in, without cross threading it.
Comment

The above post should tell you all you need to know about Andy Mark. Andy Miller or what ever he is calling himself today.

Last edited by Bernhard; November 14th, 2023 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: For those that used to frequent Realoldspower