For those that used to frequent Realoldspower

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2023, 07:14 PM

BTR Response to Andy's Video
Post from facebook
Beware Of Internet Media Experts
So, Ive been very busy racing over the past month and most everyone knows what I do and what I have accomplished. If you don't know, its not too hard to find by simply typing my name in Google. As many of you know, there is this laughing stock of the performance industry, well known as Andy Miller This guy is such a lunatic he belongs in a straight jacket. He is currently making videos of an engine that I did for a customer. This engine is covered in this forum with photos and dyno sheets like most of the Olds builds. There is so much to say on here, but don't have that kind of time to list everything in detail. I feel bad for this customer as he is going to need to get a bushing in his *** just to bring it back to size when this guy gets done with him. Unfortunately, he made a mistake. There are many outright LIES in these videos in which there are too many to list. One example is him showing the bearings in the engine that are ACL and have a tang removed. Those are NOT the bearings in that engine. Never used ACL in my life, and never removed a tang. So, everyone needs to be aware of a scammer like this. The short of it is that I believe the customer installed his distributor after having an issue with a Pertronix points conversion, without setting the timing and it was severely retarded which stuck a guide. When I asked what he set the timing at when he had the issue, his reply was" that box is supposed to take care of all that". He did not understand that the timing need to be re set apparently, and so be it. He was mad so he took it to the "Olds expert". If anyone has any questions on any of this that I can answer, please post and I will answer here. I'm sure that people have some stories about this lunatic and those are welcome here also. Please share to other Oldsmobile forums so everyone gets the message. I have nothing to be embarrassed about in the engine.
Old November 14th, 2023, 07:23 PM

Old November 14th, 2023, 10:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
I wonder if Steve 81 & no1olds are the same person?
Hey dumbass. I don't get your beef with me. I guarantee I am only me. You are my favorite stalker. You are obsessed with me. Get a life. You are a chump.

Last edited by no1oldsfan; November 14th, 2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old November 15th, 2023, 03:25 AM

It's about time!

Old November 15th, 2023, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Olds Performance Machine
Anyone who reads the cam card can plainly see that those are QXI hydraulic roller lobes. Running solid roller lifters on hydraulic roller profiles doesn't require any additional spring pressure. If anything, it requires less due to the lighter lifter. I have a customer's engine running solid lifters on a 240/246 @ .050 .620/.620 HR cam. It has 140 on the seat and 385 open pressure. Thousands of street miles and plenty of 11 second stick shift passes without an issue. I'm not buying your logic and neither is anyone else who knows anything.
Old November 15th, 2023, 05:42 AM

"Andy, it's just crazy to think that this guy would say that it's someone elses engine that you featured and are talking about." Dave, that guy will say anything at anytime in an effort to discredit, including the deepest of fabricated lies. He references an engine that was done 7 or so years ago and it happened to be the same color factory blue....lol. If it were a picture he might be able to get away with his distorted lies and deversion, but it's not. It's a video and one that is recent that show cases this engine. "Andy, not once did you mention a shop, state, city or individuals name in your videos. There are plenty of Oldsmobile engine builders". I know, and the videos are intended for education and not to discredit. If I wanted to discredit, I would have simple pointed out some major flaws in that "how to book" and well as mentioning names. It was his foot soldiers that brought this into light and to everyones attention. Look, the only move when your up against the facts, is to deny that it is your doing and anyone with any smarts would have made mention to not bring attention to this topic, but these foot soldiers apparently are his mouth piece. There are signature items and shop functions that clearly show that it's his engine, his build, including the coatings on those rod bearings of which match the main bearing coatings. Our coatings only go on the mains and they are black in color, even after run. They are not army green in color. We don't cut into engine blocks to set the cam back into place with the encased bearing, we take it off the back side of the camshaft. We don't rip the decks or cylinder head surfaces with a carbide. It is done with a CBN cutter and the finish is completely different.
Old November 15th, 2023, 05:58 AM

Anyone who reads the cam card can plainly see that those are QXI hydraulic roller lobes. Running solid roller lifters on hydraulic roller profiles doesn't require any additional spring pressure. If anything, it requires less due to the lighter lifter. I have a customer's engine running solid lifters on a 240/246 @ .050 .620/.620 HR cam. It has 140 on the seat and 385 open pressure. Thousands of street miles and plenty of 11 second stick shift passes without an issue. I'm not buying your logic and neither is anyone else who knows anything.

Regardless, when a customer makes mention right from the start that there is a valve train noise in his engine, and he is asked to bring it to the race track where that engine builder is racing, you at least take the valve cover off to inspect it. At least you'll show him that you are making an attempt to look deeper into it. You just don't blow him off. In the event that the customer can't get to you or the nearest race track, then you walk him through the process of checking the valve lash. You take that time on the phone to do this. In the event that the customer has zero knowledge on lashing valves, then you don't stuff a 630 lift mechanical roller camshaft into it, rip it to about 6 grand (it's a 4.500 stroke factory iron head, factory intake engine in a show/restoration 442 convertible) and say "here ya go"

Last edited by Olds Performance Machine; November 15th, 2023 at 06:03 AM.
Old November 15th, 2023, 06:33 AM

If that's what the customer ordered, that's what he got. I've been dealing with Bill off and on for a long time. He has never once tried to super size my fries; it's always been what I asked for or what I could afford.

As far as his ability to build a 496, just ask @Tugla or go watch the YouTube videos of him doing 3 drag and drive events in one year on the same (nitrous fed) engine.
Old November 15th, 2023, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by fleming442
If that's what the customer ordered, that's what he got. I've been dealing with Bill off and on for a long time. He has never once tried to super size my fries; it's always been what I asked for or what I could afford.
This is exactly how my experience was with Bill. He actually talked me down from things I didn't need. You tell him what you're looking to do, and he'll tell you what you need. Nothing more.

This post is just like ROP. Soooo awesome!
Old November 15th, 2023, 11:37 AM
Gary

Originally Posted by olds_freak
This post is just like ROP. Soooo awesome!
I didn't realize how much I missed ROP until this thread came up!
Old November 15th, 2023, 03:08 PM

I cannot BELIEVE Andy Miller has the ***** to call out Bill. Not a good move Andy.
Bill has an army of faithful customers who would all got to bat for him.
All with serious cars that lay down the numbers run after run, year after year.
Big builds with ridiculous longevity. I think you’re already finding out you stepped in some ****.

Olds Freak, I concur with that sentiment.
Old November 15th, 2023, 05:34 PM

It's WINTER here in ROP-land , let the games begin !
Old November 15th, 2023, 07:12 PM

love is in the air..I can almost cut it with a knife.
Old November 15th, 2023, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rallye469
I cannot BELIEVE Andy Miller has the ***** to call out Bill. Not a good move Andy.
Bill has an army of faithful customers who would all got to bat for him.
All with serious cars that lay down the numbers run after run, year after year.
Big builds with ridiculous longevity. I think you’re already finding out you stepped in some ****.

Olds Freak, I concur with that sentiment.
some people live in an alternate universe…we have to take that into account 😜
Old November 15th, 2023, 10:09 PM

Even after Chat points out that QXI designates a Hydraulic roller lobes he still refers to it as a mechanical roller cam. Note he does not use the cam lift numbers in .589 ex .595
Typical Sham WOW

Regardless, when a customer makes mention right from the start that there is a valve train noise in his engine, and he is asked to bring it to the race track where that engine builder is racing, you at least take the valve cover off to inspect it. At least you'll show him that you are making an attempt to look deeper into it. You just don't blow him off. In the event that the customer can't get to you or the nearest race track, then you walk him through the process of checking the valve lash. You take that time on the phone to do this. In the event that the customer has zero knowledge on lashing valves, then you don't stuff a 630 lift mechanical roller camshaft into it, rip it to about 6 grand (it's a 4.500 stroke factory iron head, factory intake engine in a show/restoration 442 convertible) and say "here ya go"
Old November 16th, 2023, 03:15 AM

In his newest video, Andy shows us all the bearing tangs he said were removed 🤣🤣🤣
Old November 18th, 2023, 07:23 AM

Hey guys, it`s me Paul Tester. yes it`s me. don't mind my screen name.
Old November 18th, 2023, 10:39 AM
Duh

Originally Posted by Strange Magic
Nice crack pipe. I meant pipe rack.

Old November 18th, 2023, 11:44 AM

do you grind custom cams for Oldsmobiles?

im looking for a 3/4 race stick that won’t soot up my ports
Old November 18th, 2023, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by strange magic
hey guys, it`s me paul tester. Yes it`s me. Don't mind my screen name.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old November 18th, 2023, 06:46 PM

If you really are Paul Tester…
Explain T-sirts !
Old November 18th, 2023, 07:02 PM

Explain T-sirts !
Great question Peter,great..............
Old November 19th, 2023, 09:04 AM

Dammit! I missed all this fun since Oct 8th? I have missed all you ROP freaks. Well, lots of you are here, but I mean the freakiness. I don't do FakeBook.

I want the old ROP back!
Old November 19th, 2023, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by rfpowerdude
Dammit! I missed all this fun since Oct 8th? I have missed all you ROP freaks. Well, lots of you are here, but I mean the freakiness. I don't do FakeBook.

I want the old ROP back!
LOL..LOL..LOL..., ya just had to love the beginning of winter !
Old November 19th, 2023, 09:51 AM

Now we need a good winter head thread!
Old November 19th, 2023, 11:23 AM
Duh

Guys, it really is Paul.
Old November 19th, 2023, 01:38 PM

Yes, I think I remember when he registered under Miller’s ROP handle
Old November 19th, 2023, 05:58 PM

Anybody still talk to Iraqi Bob? I've had headers on order since 9/7. You'd think he'd try to take care of an Olds guy. I guess the fame went to his head.
Old November 19th, 2023, 06:00 PM

They did a huge move to the new facility and I’m guessing they’re behind. Louie does the headers by hand (at least the Olds ones).

Not sure otherwise.
Old November 19th, 2023, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by rfpowerdude
They did a huge move to the new facility and I’m guessing they’re behind. Louie does the headers by hand (at least the Olds ones).

Not sure otherwise.
Oh,well, that explains it. He's out racing half the time. I was watching him at Budds Creek for a week.
Old November 19th, 2023, 06:16 PM

Moving from New York to North Carolina while building a new facility there seems to have gotten a lot of stuff behind, understandably...

Last edited by rfpowerdude; November 19th, 2023 at 07:10 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 06:04 AM
Duh

You are getting Nick and Louie mixed up. As far as delays you need to contact them. Both are on Facebook and easy to reach by email and phone.
Old November 20th, 2023, 06:06 AM

I know that Nick's son Louie has been doing the TIG on the Olds headers.
Old November 20th, 2023, 06:16 AM

And, I know that the announcer said "Louis" watching Import vs Domestic.
I can't complain,yet; it hasn't been 12 f-ing weeks.
Old November 20th, 2023, 03:16 PM

You have to be the dumbest M/F walking the face of the earth. How did you make it this far in life being a loser that you are.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:05 PM
Gary

You have to be the dumbest M/F walking the face of the earth. How did you make it this far in life being a loser that you are.
argumentum ad hominem
Old November 20th, 2023, 07:30 PM

If the guy is so confident as to the camshaft (630 lift mechanical roller) and valve springs (140 on the seat) that he installed in my engine for my 442 convertable restoration, then he should have no issue with taking the camshaft and valve springs back and issuing my money back as per what's listed on my invoice.
Old November 21st, 2023, 04:37 AM

http://
Old November 21st, 2023, 04:40 AM

Explain T-sirts !
Old November 21st, 2023, 04:41 AM

Quick Reply: For those that used to frequent Realoldspower