Correct repro spare tire hook and retainer from inline tube!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Lance

Correct repro spare tire hook and retainer from inline tube!!!

Guys I want to report on another great reproduction part that I ran acrossed. It is a spare tire hold down hook and special retaining nut for the SS II wheel for my '70 442. The part was reproduced by Inline Tube and I have too say that it is a dead-on match to my original shown next to it in the below photo.

As I have said before if we all can report on the good repro parts when we find them, then this will encourage the industry to make more correct parts for all of us.

So....I give two thumbs up to Inline Tube for this one!!!

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:52 AM

Very cool - Thanks for sharing. I'm in the market for both of those items and wasn't sure which vendor to choose from.
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Trying to remember member

Not to say that they are particularly bad, but you use the term "dead-on" which I take to mean virtually exact. There are differences that I can see without having to look too hard. Not bad, and nothing to hurt function, but not what I would call dead-on or exact.
Just trying to be realistic here. (Actually, I'm in favor of reproduction parts having minor differences like this to distinguish them from originals)
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Lance

Kurt, you are very correct, dead-on was too strong of a stament.

I will however say that in comparison to most repro parts and NOS service replacement parts that I have been burnt by, that these two parts are the correct style for my application and correct appearing to my originals.

Also, I think it is really neat that Inline Tube is making so many of these hard to find Olds parts, along with The Parts Place and Fusick.

I just hope that we here on this forum can report on which parts are worth having and which parts are not. I am also hoping that some of this reporting will make some vendors step up their game.
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by ROCKET VAPOR

I just hope that we here on this forum can report on which parts are worth having and which parts are not. I am also hoping that some of this reporting will make some vendors step up their game.
Me too!