The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Sports Gambling

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2024, 05:10 PM
Senior Moment Member

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Beautiful Olds. Is that yours?

Kapernick sucks period. Has nothing to do with race. Has everything to do with lack of talent. For him to have tryout after tryout. Nobody wanted him. Why? Because he sucks.
That picture is from the MCACN show in Chicago. It's not mine. This was mine. Had it for about 15 years. Just paired all my stuff down. this was the last car I sold. I think I may have one more in me before I die. Who knows?
68 S, 455, Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, OAI, MSD, Hooker, Full exhaust, Tremec 5 speed, 3.73 12 bolt.

Old March 8th, 2024, 02:44 AM

For me, it's frustrating to see the integrity of sports being compromised by legalized gambling. It's like the focus has shifted from the game itself to the potential payouts, and it's disheartening to witness. The rise of fixed games and questionable calls definitely takes away from the pure enjoyment of sports.
Old March 8th, 2024, 07:24 AM
Senior Moment Member

I went to the college game for pure sports. Now, I don't know what to think. A team just unionized. Almost all are getting paid. Money spoils everything. All the grubbers are pining for their payout and getting it.
Old March 8th, 2024, 03:50 PM

You can really see it in hockey now. They legalized something with sports betting a couple years ago up here in Canada and ever since then there has been an explosion of advertising and a push towards more and more online sports betting companies. The advertising is absolutely relentless. I was a die-hard hockey fan not long ago but you can easily see how things have changed when you watch now. Every call, every hit, every play, is scrutinized to high heaven. You only got that kind of trash in Football a few years back. I can't take it anymore, honestly, and I've pretty much quit following hockey because of it.
Old March 8th, 2024, 11:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quantlate
For me, it's frustrating to see the integrity of sports being compromised by legalized gambling. It's like the focus has shifted from the game itself to the potential payouts, and it's disheartening to witness. The rise of fixed games and questionable calls definitely takes away from the pure enjoyment of sports.
Amen. So many games are getting thrown now. Look at the the Superbowl. That final touchdown the defender did Nothing to defend that pass. Zero. Right in his hands. Did zero. Didn't even try. That wouldn't have happened before all of this.
Old March 9th, 2024, 12:22 AM

I was waiting for this to come back up. Comedian Theo Von has a great nickname for Kapernick: "Throwsa Parks" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old March 9th, 2024, 02:54 AM

Per the forum rules:

No racist, homophobic, or misogynistic remarks, including derogatory slang, be it overt or covert, will be tolerated.
Old March 9th, 2024, 08:25 AM

Per the forum rules:

Attacks on moderators will not be tolerated, and may result in an immediate permanent ban. Moderators sometimes have to make difficult judgment calls, but remember we *are* human (well at least most of us are!) Hopefully we'll make decisions that are considered "correct" by the majority of the community.