Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2022, 01:22 PM

Located in Keller, TX, north of Fort Worth. Asking $8,000. NOW ACCEPTING OFFERS. I WANT THIS TO GO TO A GOOD HOME!! Please let me know any thoughts!

I've had this car since 1984 when I bought it from the second owner. Unfortunately, he had gone to an engine reman place and had them replace the original 455 with a rebuild. Nothing about the engine is original.
Current engine has been bored to 468ci (I think, it's close) and sports the Edelbrock Performance Package of cam,intake and carburetor.
Engine has been test fired.
Brakes have been bled and we replaced the rear brake cylinders as they were 20 years old.
Vinyl interior is in pretty good shape. The carpet has dry rotted.
Car was in storage for 16 years after I had the engine rebuilt. Engine was pickled and store separately from the car.
The main reason I'm selling is I lost my storage and can't currently afford to 'just keep it', and I don't have time to finish it.

What you need to know:
!.) engine bay needs to be properly rewired
a.) accessories and their brackets need to be installed and the alternator wired up.
2.) Decide if you want to use the HEI ignition or the original points ignition.
3.) Radiator needs hoses and the electric fans and temp probes reconnected.
4.) The radiator coolant lines got destroyed so they need to be replaced. Inline Tube makes the correct lines and I checked that they can make them still.
5.) The top is permanently stained and should probably be replaced. Also it has a hole from hail.
6.) There is some hail damage although the sheet metal in these old cars is so thick it's not bad. Can be 'dent doctored'.
7.) Some trim pieces have disappeared and will be hard to find.
8.) engine has correct dual exhaust 'log' manifolds and I found a factory style dual exhaust system which is included.
9.) Car has A/C but the compressor disappeared during its time in storage. They are available.
10.) Radio hasn't worked since I bought the car, but never missed it as I always drove with the top down!
11.) The body has over 200,000 miles on it, the odometer has rolled over twice. Engine has 0 miles and I think the Turbo 400 has only a couple of thousand.
12.) The trunk is full of the necessary parts to complete the build process.
13.) the carpet has dry rotted during storage. There is some mildew on the metal glove box door.
14.) Power disk brakes, power windows, power door locks
15.) Bumper at right front is bent and fender is damaged. Bumper can be straightened and I have an original fender in primer for it.
16.) Car has a couple of flat tires currently, but I will put 'roller' tires on it.
17.) Paint is in good shape, car has little to no rust, trunk is solid, floors are solid.
18 Original Rochester carburetor is in the trunk.

I 'might' be able to deliver the car as far as 100 miles. We can discuss that.
probably easiest to email me at franklin@biggage.com

Last edited by franklinpoole; May 26th, 2022 at 08:58 PM. Reason: updated price
Old June 1st, 2023, 04:22 PM

Is this car still available